RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
kaega2

Darksiders 2 - Game Crash/Update Issue

My girlfriend has been playing Darksiders 2 on our RGH XBOX for several weeks now. Lately she's been running into issues where the game would crash with the message "Fatal Error Intercepted" and FSD would restart. As of this morning she now's getting this error every time she loads her save file, but starting a new game works fine.

After doing some research myself I've read some forums referring to this as a known issue with the original version of the game even on a standard XBOX. So my first instinct was to start updating.

I updated DashLaunch and the Dashboard first, both were successful. I'm running DashLaunch 3.15 and Dashboard 2.0.17349.0 (if nothing else this got my copy of South Park SOT working :). This did not resolve the issue

Then I decided to do the title updates. First weird thing, when I pushed Y on the title and selected to download title updates nothing happened. In my previous experience it would list updates and asked you to pick an active one. So I downloaded the update manually (TU_1A5224M_000000C000000.00000000000G3) and put it in the Cache folder. After doing so I get the message "You have updated this game to an incompatible version".

Does anybody know a way to get this updated, or an alternate way to fix the crash issue? 

Any help is appreciated

Maybe upgrade from FSD to Aurora too, then you could pull one of the 2 TU's from Unity directly from the game info screen.

If you still want to do it manually, maybe try putting TU in HDD1:/Content/000.../<TitleID>/000B0000/ instead of cache.

Maybe upgrade from FSD to Aurora too, then you could pull one of the 2 TU's from Unity directly from the game info screen.

If you still want to do it manually, maybe try putting TU in HDD1:/Content/000.../<TitleID>/000B0000/ instead of cache.

This particular update should go into Cache, based on the filename, only lowercase tu with a relatively short name (with no . in it) goes into Content...

Most likely, the TU is for the wrong region of the game tho

This particular update should go into Cache, based on the filename, only lowercase tu with a relatively short name (with no . in it) goes into Content...

Ok, thanks, i'll remember that. Never even looked in the cache folder to see the difference before, haha.

I'll look into the region and see if that helps

Is there any particular way to verify the region of the game on my xbox, other than it being in the folder's name?

I'll look into the region and see if that helps

Is there any particular way to verify the region of the game on my xbox, other than it being in the folder's name?

You're using FSD? i don't know how that one works in regards to showing region etc... however, you should check both Baseversion and MediaID those must be a match for the TU to be working correctly those i know you can check when you started the game if you have the FSD Plugin loaded