RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Wuzzie

No HDD01, only USB?

Hi.

Sorry if this is a recurring issue, or if i have placed it in the wrong section.

I bought a xbox360 3 weeks ago, and everything has been working great. I have been able to install games on the external drive without issues. 
But recently when i go into the file manager, i notice that all i have listed are Flash, USB01 and USB02.
I have a 32GB usb stick connected, and then the external drive that came with the console.

When i go into the system settings and storage i can see these two, and then what can only be described as the internal memory states unformatted drive or similar. 

I have read up on this and the general recommendation seems to be to let it be, and not format it, as it is part of the jtag. Not sure if this is true or not.

I´m not too familiar with the JTAG things, as the latest xbox i had was chiped with LT3.

Sorry if the post seem confusing or repetetive. But i did a search for HDD but got no matches.

Is there something obviously wrong with my setup?

We don't recommend using the internal storage on the motherboard...

If you don't have a HDD in the HDD slot, it won't show up since it's not there...

LT3 isn't a chip btw, it's a firmware for your DVD Drive

Ok. Is it a common issue with not getting the HDD showing in FSD? Or have i got myself a bad xbox? 
As it is right now i don´t have the possibility to move things to that elusive content folder that should be on HDD01

Ah. Sorry for the stumble regarding LT3. I should have just left it at modded. 

Ok. Is it a common issue with not getting the HDD showing in FSD? Or have i got myself a bad xbox? 

As it is right now i don´t have the possibility to move things to that elusive content folder that should be on HDD01

Ah. Sorry for the stumble regarding LT3. I should have just left it at modded.

You were saying you don't have a internal HDD from what i understand? USB HDD's aren't "HDD" for an Xbox 360... so yeah... that would be why it don't show up in FSD as HDD1...

Yeah my external shows as usb.

Internal Hdd is required for rgh right?

In the future I'm thinking of having more than 1 internal. Just copy the old files from hdd and change the games on hdd2? Better off with another external prolly

Yeah my external shows as usb.

Internal Hdd is required for rgh right?

Not really no, you can use only external aswell if you want...

Oh nice. Been years since I did mine but think he told me hdd is required. Maybe that was for glitch install method.

HDD has never been required for RGH/JTAG or anything like that, however it's always been required for Xbox Classic games...

Perhaps what they told you was that it's required for them to be able to install the apps etc. (them not knowing how to use Dashlaunch to launch from USB perhaps? or just simply deciding to not tell you about that as an option)

You were saying you don't have a internal HDD from what i understand? USB HDD's aren't "HDD" for an Xbox 360... so yeah... that would be why it don't show up in FSD as HDD1...

Sorry if my post was unclear. I´m adding some screenshots to clear any confusion. The thing is that i´m trying to install GTA V. And it require that i move a folder to HDD01\Content. But since i don´t have a hdd01 or a folder labeled Content, i´m stuck. 

I´ve added some pics, if it makes my explanation any better. 

post-70219-0-43340500-1449093385_thumb.jpg

post-70219-0-63057500-1449093577_thumb.jpg

post-70219-0-16744500-1449093647_thumb.jpg

post-70219-0-01775500-1449093699_thumb.jpg

post-70219-0-20754300-1449093882_thumb.jpg

post-70219-0-15580000-1449093928_thumb.jpg

post-70219-0-62919400-1449094332_thumb.jpg

You need to go out and buy yourself a HDD Case (for a PHAT console) for your Jasper, then you need to buy a 2.5" SATA HDD, or you can buy a Xbox 360 HDD (NOTE: NOT THE SLIM MODEL!)

You will also want to update your kernel, it's kinda old ;) read the tutorial linked to from my signature below and you should be good to go on that bit ;)

You are also using a ancient version of FSD, might as well update that to 775 or even replace it with Aurora

Doublepost, but i am really stupid. It is a slim model. And i cannot find a way to hook up the fat hdd-case. Only the slot in 2.5". I also looked up the original 500gb xbox drive, and it costs (locally) half of what i paid for the entire package. So in that case i would probably go for making my own, with the casing. 

Doublepost, but i am really stupid. It is a slim model. And i cannot find a way to hook up the fat hdd-case. Only the slot in 2.5". I also looked up the original 500gb xbox drive, and it costs (locally) half of what i paid for the entire package. So in that case i would probably go for making my own, with the casing.

Sorry, your images suggested it was a Jasper o.O so, in other words you either have a Trinity or a Corona

But yeah, since you've got the Slim Model you need to get your hands on the Slim HDD Case or a Slim HDD

I did the nand dump and it gave me the nand not properly dumped error message.. And Internet says it is Corona in that case. I think?

I did the nand dump and it gave me the nand not properly dumped error message.. And Internet says it is Corona in that case. I think?

What size is your dump? 48MB? if so; yes you have a Corona