RealModScene
driftracer

cant get filezilla to connect with jtag...plz help

i am trying to connect filezilla and my jtag but it keeps coming up as cant connect to server  :veryangry:  i have done the configuration wizard and its still not helping. i am using the right ip address for both jtag and the external ip.  can smeone plz help as it is driving me insane

try using a slightly older version, i know they enforced SFTP or some bollocks with an update, and that makes it no longer work as it should... they may have fixed that but i'm still using a older version due to that change... the version i'm using is 3.9.0.6

how do i downgrade to a lesser version...i'm new on the modding scene and some things still have me scratching my head..sorry and thank you :thumbsup:

i am trying to connect filezilla and my jtag but it keeps coming up as cant connect to server  :veryangry:  i have done the configuration wizard and its still not helping. i am using the right ip address for both jtag and the external ip.  can smeone plz help as it is driving me insane

random thing, if using Aurora, did you set the correct user/pass?? as Aurora default is xboxftp for both..

• Like 2

i still cant get it to work...what else could i try? does the console serial number being different affect it at all? thank you all for your posts :thumbup:

i still cant get it to work...what else could i try? does the console serial number being different affect it at all? thank you all for your posts :thumbup:

Serial number being different from what??

when i went into my network and what computers etc are on my network it shows up the xbox but the serial number that shows up when you go into properties is different to the one thats on the xbox because i've had to put a new kv file on the xbox

when i went into my network and what computers etc are on my network it shows up the xbox but the serial number that shows up when you go into properties is different to the one thats on the xbox because i've had to put a new kv file on the xbox

That makes no difference... why did you have to put a new KV file on it tho?

Make sure you are connecting to the IP displayed in Aurora, and that Aurora is actually running, also make sure the FTP plugin is loaded/enabled...

Make sure filezilla has an exception in the firewall if it ain't there add it

Go back change name & password then reboot console,also close filezilla then re-open & clear quick connect,then retype ip,user name & password into zilla & try again (user & pass word are case sensitive)

switch to another ether cable that you know works

if that all fails try using fsd instead v.775

the console was banned when i bought it but the guy i bought it off didnt tell me that thats why i had to get a new kv...do i need an ethernet cable between the laptop and xbox for filezilla to work or can it be done without one.  whats aurora and what is it supposed to run through

the console was banned when i bought it but the guy i bought it off didnt tell me that thats why i had to get a new kv...do i need an ethernet cable between the laptop and xbox for filezilla to work or can it be done without one.  whats aurora and what is it supposed to run through

The question remains, why do you need it unbanned? you know RGH/JTAG consoles do NOT belong on Xbox Live, there's no other reason to need it unbanned...

Aurora is an alternative dashboard, you can use it to launch games and such, it also have a FTP server, if you prefer FSD that also have a FTP server, if you're not running either of these or any FTP server, that'd be why it's not working for you...

You don't need a ethernet cable between your console and computer, however you need to have both your computer and console connected to the same network

i was told i would need it unbanned to play offline...i was obviously misinformed...thank you for your help though. if i have any more troubles i may post again

its all connected to the same network but still wont connect. is there anything else i could try

Are both connected to the same network with cables? or wifi + cable? (this may at times be different networks despite using the same internet connection)

Are you running a FTP server on your console? Aurora or similar...?

both are running through wifi as my laptop isnt the main computer here...i have freestyle dash and dash launch.....are they classed as ftp servers

Freestyle Dash should have a FTP server running while it's on, but if memory serves me right it's possible to turn it off, so check that it's actually enabled...

Dashlaunch requires you to run the client in order for the FTP server to be running, and you have to enable the setting for it