RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jackhulk

How to force Aurora to use xex name when scanning to database?

Hello

I add all my games via ISO2GOD and in the process correct the games name and remove TM symbols and what not. I'm pretty sure in FSD it would then use the name exactly as I set in ISO2GOD, but this is not the case with Aurora. When scanning, I've watched very closely what happens. At first the game will correctly be displayed using the name as set by me in ISO2GOD, but then by the time the scan has finished, the name reverts back to it's original name before I changed it in ISO2GOD, which is often a mess.

For example...

1. Original name: Army of TWOâ„¢: TFD

2. I correct name via ISO2GOD to: Army of Two: The 40th Day

3. Aurora original scans in as: Army of Two: The 40th Day

4. But then by end of scan reverts back to: Army of TWOâ„¢: TFD

I understand I can manually chance this via the database, but it would save a lot of time if it's possible to set Aurora to use the xex name (or from GOD file after conversion) instead of the original name, which I assume it's somehow taking from the folder titleID. Is this possible please?

Thank you

Any thoughts please? I know now Aurora is taking the name from the folder. I assume it's using a database to find the game name relating to the title ID and applies to the folder (in brackets within file manager) and to the actual game in cover flow. FSD on the other hand I'm sure simply used the name from xex/GOD file because as said I corrected the name before converting to GOD, and that exact name would always appear correct once scanned into FSD. If it's not currently possible for Aurora to use name from xex/GOD file, perhaps this could be a suggestions for future versions please.

Thank you

It gets the name from the folder/GOD header to begin with, then it downloads whatever it can find on xbox.com based on the TitleID and replace the first it found with that

Right now there is no way to override this behavior, however there are things we're working on for 0.6b, i don't yet want to reveal too much about them :)

ooh sounds eggcitings!  :thumbsup: 

It's no biggy as I can just edit database via DB Browser for SQLite, but all those changes would be lost in case re-arranging games/deleting path/re-scan etc, so ideally Aurora would take and keep name from actual game header. DB Browser for SQLite is a great little app that I'm sure I learnt about from you when recommending it to someone else in another post (thank you). I've never worked with a SQLite file before, so was apprehensive, but easy peasy to make edits with this app.

Can I ask why no 0.6a, or is this considered unluckly like Windows 9?

The B stands for Beta, A usually stands for Alpha, we're not in Alpha stage, we're in Beta ;)