RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vicicarus

Aurora Resets after adding new games.

Thank you for any and all help provided,

After I add a new/old game to my Aurora game library all the data resets(renamed games,custom covers via xboxunity) even the second disc games I hide show up. All the editing I have done is in Aurora dashboard. The method I have been using to add games is:

Ripped to PC (my disc drive skips) transfer to external HDD, then depending on the game type, I either transfer to my internal HDD or keep on the external HDD. Should I be doing all editing through Aurora asset editor instead of the dash board options?

Thank you for any and all help provided,

After I add a new/old game to my Aurora game library all the data resets(renamed games,custom covers via xboxunity) even the second disc games I hide show up. All the editing I have done is in Aurora dashboard. The method I have been using to add games is:

Ripped to PC (my disc drive skips) transfer to external HDD, then depending on the game type, I either transfer to my internal HDD or keep on the external HDD. Should I be doing all editing through Aurora asset editor instead of the dash board options?

Sounds like what happens when your profile isn't signed in. 

You had also posted before asking about how to edit the content.db, I hope it isn't something wrong with your db.

Thank you for the reply,

I'm signed in when this happens, my gamertag is set to auto sign in. For my content.db I was editing it for the purpose of game description only. I didn't touch anything else on the file. I know this isn't a major error or glitch, just can't figure out the real cause or setting behind it.

Thank you for the reply,

I'm signed in when this happens, my gamertag is set to auto sign in. For my content.db I was editing it for the purpose of game description only. I didn't touch anything else on the file. I know this isn't a major error or glitch, just can't figure out the real cause or setting behind it.

I have a theory, when you rescan, it checks all the games in the locations you scan, hence why it "resets".. As it doesn't just look for the new title you've added..

I did have this happen once when I was first starting to use Aurora. Wish I could give more insight in to what's going on, but as I never figured it out myself, i'm not sure. 

What happened to me was Ultimate Street Fighter kept renaming itself back to default and pulling in a different cover. Can't remember how or why it stopped though.

I want to say it may have had something to do with renaming files on my drive, causing Aurora to rescan them. But IDK, lolz. 

Thank you again for your replies quattrogamer,

Yes, that exactly what happens to my game library. When it rescan's, it rescan's things on how they were and not what I change them to. My ultra street fighter goes back to the super street fighter cover along with other games. Thinking of re-installing Aurora to see if it helps. I also change the names directly on the content.db file to see if that's any different versus renaming game titles in Aurora itself.

Thank you again for your replies quattrogamer,

Yes, that exactly what happens to my game library. When it rescan's, it rescan's things on how they were and not what I change them to. My ultra street fighter goes back to the super street fighter cover along with other games. Thinking of re-installing Aurora to see if it helps. I also change the names directly on the content.db file to see if that's any different versus renaming game titles in Aurora itself.

You might be ok just deleting the content.db (maybe back it up first so it's easy to redo your game info) and letting Aurora create a new one after a reboot.

I know in FSD, I created text files for all my game descriptions, that helped when/if I ever changed the db. Stored them along side all my custom artwork for each game.