RealModScene
malim

Possibility of using any HDD internally

I have seen many games now require an internal HDD drive to play games, I tried previously to find a WD hdd in my country but to no avail. I want to know now that there is no 32GB limit on storage devices, if I take my external Toshiba hdd and insert it internally would it work as an internal hdd?

I have seen many games now require an internal HDD drive to play games, I tried previously to find a WD hdd in my country but to no avail. I want to know now that there is no 32GB limit on storage devices, if I take my external Toshiba hdd and insert it internally would it work as an internal hdd?

i seriously dont think it matters.. only "retail" systems need a WD hdd.. i have a 1tb Toshiba 2.5" for my internal.. and it works flawless.. 

and your games can be on the external under "content" with the latest dash.. Aurora just isnt set to recognize it yet (DLC wise, maybe other aspects too)

• Like 1

i seriously dont think it matters.. only "retail" systems need a WD hdd.. i have a 1tb Toshiba 2.5" for my internal.. and it works flawless.. 

So the Xbox recognises it as a HDD under storage Devices?

So the Xbox recognises it as a HDD under storage Devices?

yeah.. it is my main hdd.. lol

you might have to pop it in, and format it to XB standards tho..

• Like 1

yeah.. it is my main hdd.. lol

you might have to pop it in, and format it to XB standards tho..

ok thank you so much, I'm gonna disassemble it and then report back, here's to hoping it works

As long as you have a JTAG or RGH you can use any 2.5" SATA HDD as an internal HDD, you have to format it in the console tho, so any data you have on it will be lost...

This has been possible since day 1 basically, there's not been a limit to the size of the drive either, well... apart from the limit of the filesystem itself, which i think is 2TB

As long as you have a JTAG or RGH you can use any 2.5" SATA HDD as an internal HDD, you have to format it in the console tho, so any data you have on it will be lost...

This has been possible since day 1 basically...

With the new kernel there's no actual formatting, all the Xbox does is it creates a 0000000000000000 folder and allows the entire drive to be used (no 32GB limit), I already did it on the same external hdd. So if I now connect it internally would it not just work? I really don't want to move 920GB of data.

The space where the hdd goes is just a space, I saw other videos where they put it in some kind of enclosure and then fit it into the xbox, how do install the hdd?

This is missing: http://www.dx.com/p/portable-2-5-hdd-enclosure-case-for-xbox-360-slim-black-130108

The space where the hdd goes is just a space, I saw other videos where they put it in some kind of enclosure and then fit it into the xbox, how do install the hdd?

This is missing: http://www.dx.com/p/portable-2-5-hdd-enclosure-case-for-xbox-360-slim-black-130108

yeah you would need that.. or take your case apart.. and see how it goes.. but the top(with the writing on it) goes up.. 

With the new kernel there's no actual formatting, all the Xbox does is it creates a 0000000000000000 folder and allows the entire drive to be used (no 32GB limit), I already did it on the same external hdd. So if I now connect it internally would it not just work? I really don't want to move 920GB of data.

This is talking about the EXTERNAL devices, the internal is STILL using XTAF

With that in mind, no you can't use it as-is with the internal slot...

This is talking about the EXTERNAL devices, the internal is STILL using XTAF

With that in mind, no you can't use it as-is with the internal slot...

I formatted it on the Xbox and started to put stuff on, while using it froze and now a Red light appears at the power button everytime the drive is connected, I also got an E68 Error, it just freezes at the xbox logo with the drive connected, if I connect it to the pc, it loads up and I can safely eject it, though I cannot see it, but that's because  of the format on the xbox, please help me, i need my hdd

This means that this drive is not a good one, one that shouldn't be trusted...

You should be able to see the HDD if you go to the "Computer Management" -> "Disk Management" screen, you just won't be able to work with the contents of the drive...

This means that this drive is not a good one, one that shouldn't be trusted...

You should be able to see the HDD if you go to the "Computer Management" -> "Disk Management" screen, you just won't be able to work with the contents of the drive...

I see it under disk management.

EDIT. Just as I read your reply I connected it as a USB (thinking it will work as an 'official' external hdd - is this possible?), then switched the xbox off and connected it back as a HDD, it now works, I think it was overworked from moving 920GB off and then putting most back in the space of ~24 hours.