RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
citrus3000psi

Seagate Expansion External Hard Drive Compatibility.

Has anyone got a 2tb seagate expansion drive to work with extracted ISOs?

I have mine formated to fat32 64k cluster.  Everytime I launch a game I get the standard, the game cannot be run and kicks me back to the main dash.

If this drive has known issues does anybody have any recommendations on which external enclosures that do work. (The enclosure must turn off the harddrive when the 360 turns off)

Thanks

Try formatting the drive with GUIFormat by ridgecorp using the default settings, if it still don't work, it's likely a bad drive...

Try formatting the drive with GUIFormat by ridgecorp using the default settings, if it still don't work, it's likely a bad drive...

I will try guiformat, I have been using EaseUS Partition Master 10.0.  

The hard drive it self does work, as it has no problems with another enclosure.  I have multiple seagate enclosures and all preform the same.

Now something strange.  I am using trinity, so I'm able to wire up an external hard drive to the memory unit.  The seagate expansion will not work as a memory unit device.  But this device works without a problem: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0065DUJ0C as a memory unit

I use 2 of each of the hdd's listed below,all work through the xbox usb ports,detection can take a number of seconds & up to a minute on the 3.5" drives & they work fine when found on 360 models:

2 x falcon jtags

2 x jasper jtags

seagate 3.5" 2tb expansions part number 1D7AP2-500

Seagate 2.5" Portable Expansions Par number 1D6APB-500

A hard drive that works in another enclosure doesn't mean the hard drive itself is ok.

The western digital blue hdd is highly compatible which is why it most probably works,i made a topic last month about drive recommendations asking what drives work  as a side mounted drive.A 2tb expansion 2.5" removed from it's casing & placed into the 360 side mount case didn't work well,it is a brand new drive but it doesn't seem to be compatible with the 360 as an onboard,works fine as usb external.I assume it's not compatible due to the 360 not having the correct driver as that's what's required for hardware to work with any operating system,without the right driver the OS doesn't know what to do with it or in my case it doesn't work how it should even tho it tries

UPDATE  4-10-2015

edit: ignore last paragraph regarding the expansion i had issues with i have now got the drive working as a side mount like i wanted on my jasper.If you have trouble installing avatar data like i did use a different thumb drive,even a portable 2.5" hdd did the data install crash.Have come to the conclusion that for whatever reason the thumb drives i was using weren't all that compatible or something,i had to revert to an old 8gb i used to use.No matter after hours it's all up & running fine

HDD's don't really need specific drivers for basic operations, they're supposed to be using a standard communication protocol, however... new drives are likely using SATA3, they might also not support older versions of it (SATA/SATA2) which would be a possible cause for the issue as the 360 doesn't have SATA3

I use 2 of each of the hdd's listed below,all work through the xbox usb ports,detection can take a number of seconds & up to a minute on the 3.5" drives & they work fine when found on 360 models:

2 x falcon jtags

2 x jasper jtags

seagate 3.5" 2tb expansions part number 1D7AP2-500

Seagate 2.5" Portable Expansions Par number 1D6APB-500

A hard drive that works in another enclosure doesn't mean the hard drive itself is ok.

The western digital blue hdd is highly compatible which is why it most probably works,i made a topic last month about drive recommendations asking what drives work  as a side mounted drive.A 2tb expansion 2.5" removed from it's casing & placed into the 360 side mount case didn't work well,it is a brand new drive but it doesn't seem to be compatible with the 360 as an onboard,works fine as usb external.I assume it's not compatible due to the 360 not having the correct driver as that's what's required for hardware to work with any operating system,without the right driver the OS doesn't know what to do with it or in my case it doesn't work how it should even tho it tries

On the seagate expansions, did you play extracted ISOs off of it or GOD format?

Extracted ! Tho i'm not sure why you'd think there'd be any difference

Swizzy has a point the expansions I have are SATA 3 & backwards compatible.Check your specs on the drive they may only be SATA 3 including the housing

I had the same problem iso2God no problem extracted would not play just kicked me back to metro dash i redone all my game's and been fine since