RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Milandemendi

Fallout 3 GOTY

Hello Guys!
So i installed the game and i noticed that the Goty dlc's are not in the game. When i start the game it says Please wait ,loading extra content or something like this and when it's loaded theres a menu called downloads. It's blank and i cannot open it , i assume it's where the dlcs are and maybe it should be white or reachable as the other options. I tried to unlock them in xm360 but they are unlocked so i'm out of ideas how to activate them or bring them into the game. Thx in advance:)

Hello Guys!

So i installed the game and i noticed that the Goty dlc's are not in the game. When i start the game it says Please wait ,loading extra content or something like this and when it's loaded theres a menu called downloads. It's blank and i cannot open it , i assume it's where the dlcs are and maybe it should be white or reachable as the other options. I tried to unlock them in xm360 but they are unlocked so i'm out of ideas how to activate them or bring them into the game. Thx in advance:)

Aurora has a dlc viewer.. But you can check in HDD:/content/0000000000000000/titled/000b000/ I believe is the correct spot.. And see if the dlc's are there.. If they are, and are not showing up in-game still.. Odds are you need a TU, or your dlc is corrupt

And the TU is the latest (tu 3)

Sometimes GOTY Edition games have a install disc that does some conversion to the files, actually, most of the time that's the case, you can't just copy the files and expect them to work, you're by far better off finding the DLC separately or installing from a disc rather then trying to make it work by manually copying the data

Sometimes GOTY Edition games have a install disc that does some conversion to the files, actually, most of the time that's the case, you can't just copy the files and expect them to work, you're by far better off finding the DLC separately or installing from a disc rather then trying to make it work by manually copying the data

SO i finally decided to replay this game while i wait for fallout 4. Im pretty sure i had the goty disc before, but got it again, this time both discs. well 2nd disc extracted wierd. it didnt say disc 2 it says disc 1 etc. but i extracted it. got an xex, content folder installer.ini which says nothing really cept tu3 which i have. when i launch the xex get an error about content. was thinking of using the licensecleaner to see if that fixes the content. but like u say using the content probably wont work, and explains why all 5 dlcs are 2gbs.

swizzy, the licensecleaner doesnt seem to work in xp, tried several computers, i know it worked in win10, i have win7 i can use if needed. any idea why it doesnt work on xp tho?

The disc with the "Content" folder is a installer, you have to install it from the DVD Drive for it to work properly

i could try installing from disc, might have one laying around.

ive done a few other games like gta v and c0d adv warfare and they install content fine from extracted disc 2.

one reason im sketch about the disk 2, is because 360mpgui doesnt bring up info for it etc. it says fallout disk 1 i think. idk just seems wierd. im going to try a different disk 2 before anything, i had alot of trouble unzipping it, took forever, and had to use 7zip. mustve been an old 7zip file. regardless i dont trust the source too much, considering that the 2 discs were different archives. could be ps3 or pc format dlc who knows man.. im going to start there. i know u said to talk to the devolpers of trainers but most trainers install in game folder. but the never show up in aurora feature

i could try installing from disc, might have one laying around.

ive done a few other games like gta v and c0d adv warfare and they install content fine from extracted disc 2.

one reason im sketch about the disk 2, is because 360mpgui doesnt bring up info for it etc. it says fallout disk 1 i think. idk just seems wierd. im going to try a different disk 2 before anything, i had alot of trouble unzipping it, took forever, and had to use 7zip. mustve been an old 7zip file. regardless i dont trust the source too much, considering that the 2 discs were different archives. could be ps3 or pc format dlc who knows man.. im going to start there. i know u said to talk to the devolpers of trainers but most trainers install in game folder. but the never show up in aurora feature

I've never heard of anyone getting a content installer disk running from a extracted folder... they're usually setup to only read from the DVD, however you could possibly burn the extracted content to a DVD and install it from that...

Did you extract the iso contents with 7zip? or did it come pre-extracted?

Default.xex is only ever done on Xbox 360...

I've never heard of anyone getting a content installer disk running from a extracted folder... they're usually setup to only read from the DVD, however you could possibly burn the extracted content to a DVD and install it from that...

Did you extract the iso contents with 7zip? or did it come pre-extracted?

Default.xex is only ever done on Xbox 360...

Makes sense, i actually had gta v on disc when i installed that now that i think obout it, and adv warfare may have required something special i remember i had trouble but think it was kernal.

ill try the disk with a dvdr. that should work probably.

as far the contents go, it was like 6007zip files. i think sometimes winrar works for me, anyways had to get 7zip for this one. got it unzipped with that finally. normal iso etc. then i extracted it with mpgui.

well shit. i spent all day finding disc 2 again, got it extracted and moved out of the VM, which was alot of steps due to my personal situation with computers. so i move the iso to the living room and windows 10, get ready to burn it finally and i only have regular dvd-rs. scronged up a few and I completely forgot they have to be dual layer. I had an LT3 long time ago, but cant find any disks so IM MAD.

all in all ill just have to see about getting each dlc seperately, cant find them tonight but seen em this morning. ill just install them 1 by 1 with the usual method, if i find them. guess i needed to vent, one of those failed tech-days