RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jackhulk

Followed TUT, all checks passed, but system link greyed out

Hello

First and foremost many thanks to all the team that brought us Aurora, looks awesome!

I'm trying to get the system link working, but hit a wall. I've followed the excellent '[TUT]HOW TO SETUP AURORA WITH SYSTEM LINK' and the LiNK verification passes all checks, but system link option is still greyed out. I can confirm that the games I am try to use are indeed system link games (as filtered by Aurora), and I'm using COS Black Ops 2 (TU version 18) in this test.

Any ideas what the issue might be please?

Thank you

Most of the time, this is caused by 1 of 2 reasons:

1. You're not actually in a LiNK enabled game

2. Your list of LiNK enabled games is outdated/corrupt

The solution to #2 is to delete the list, i don't remember the name at the top of my head, but it's in the Plugins folder (Plugins\PluginData\ or something like that)

Thanks Swizzy, but as said 100% sure all games tried are LiNK (system link) games, and as filted by Aurora itself. I fully understand that only system link games work, and I've had this working previously in FSD, so not new to this, just new to using Aurora. As above, in this test I'm using COS Black Ops 2 (100% system link game) and I've got the latest title update, version 18 installed and enabled, but still system link is greyed out.

This is a fresh install, so all games have only just been scanned, therefore data shouldn't be corrupt, but just in case, can you (or anyone) confirm exactly which file I need to delete please? I've had a look in /Aurora/Plugins/ but do not see a 'PluginData' folder, nor any obvious system link data file like that which was found in FSD previous (syslink.dat).

Aurora is not yet my default dash as I still have FSD installed. Could this be an the issue? Is there anything outside of setting up LiNK that could cause it to not work, because as said I've followed tut exactly, and all verification passes (all green ticks).

Thank you

P.S Not sure why forum is delete paragraphs, as I am included them, but as soon as I post, they disappear.

Maybe Aurora/Plugins/UserData/syslink.dat is what your looking for??

You have to hit enter twice to get that line break for your paragraphs.

• Like 2

Thank you, but there is no 'UserData' folder within my plugins folder. Here is what I have in /Hdd1/Aurora/Plugins...

HudScene

Log

WebRoot

FreestylePlugin.xex

FtpDll.xex

Anyone any ideas please as would really like to get this working. Followed everything 100% correctly, all tests pass, so really can't understand this.

UPDATE: Problem solved. Issued appears to be with dash launch. I had manually updated from v3.09 to v3.15 (FTP'ed new version to 360), and while after the first run of v3.15 it advised something along the line of 'you are currently running v3.09, would you like to update'. I accepted and that was that. However, going back into dash launch again just now, I noticed it was still running v3.09, even though I had actually started the v3.15 default.xex and again was asked if I'd like to update. Again accepted this, and thankfully now it has updated correctly as system link is no longer greyed out and I can join games.  :sorcerer:

I guess then there was no need to manually update dash launch the way I did which appears to have caused my problem. Having looked around the dash launch menu I see there is an update option, so will use that next time.

See you on the battlefield people! I'll be the one laying dead on the ground most of the time. 

• Like 1

Since you were running 3.09 you're likely using an outdated kernel, you should probably update your kernel aswell ;)

Ok thanks Swizzy. I guess it is pretty old at this point, but is there any need to update right now if everything is working?

I tend to leave things as they are until an update is a must, like when new game requires it. I tend to forget the processes, even though I write it down every time, but then those guides are lost in with all the other guides, so I end up back at square one, make the same mistakes, say 'DOH!' (or 'similar') a lot when I realize I made the same mistake before, then complete the update, then write another guide to get lost in with all the other guides again. This is why I hum the mantra 'if it ain't broke, DON'T GO BREAKING IT YOU DAMN FOOL!'. You clearly have the same issue with losing guides, so great idea sticking the link in your signature!  :D

Is there any other reasons apart from new game needing it, why it's worth updating kernel please?

Well, since you are updating Dashlaunch, you're already fixing something that's not broken ;)

Personally, i don't recommend updating Dashlaunch if not updating the kernel, it's much better to just rebuild the nand with the new kernel along with Dashlaunch then going for a dashlaunch only update...

Not only does new games require newer kernels, but also TU's tend to require newer versions... some DLC/Homebrew might need a newer version aswell...

Hey Swizzy. My Kernel was oooooold (16537) so have now updated to latest by following you excellent guide and using your awesome xeBuild tool, thank you very much. :thumbup:

Seeing as they are quite cheap now I've recently purchased a Kinect which arrived today and prompted me into updating kernal before I set it up. The kernal update went well including the installation of Avatar/Kinect FW update, so I have been playing around with the Kinect voice commands via the Metro dash. I then tried FSD and was pleasantly surprised to see this also supported voice comments, however, when I ran Aurora a prompt screen quickly flashed up which mentioned something about setting up the Kinect, but before I could read it or do anything else it disappeared and the Aurora dashboard loaded as normal.

I tried voice commands in Aurora, but they didn't work. I've checked through Aurora's setting but cannot see an option to set up Kinect, if indeed Aurora does support Kinect voice commands? I'm sure using these voice commands will wear off pretty quickly, but having not paid much attention to the Kinect when it was first released, and having only played it once very briefly in store many years ago, controlling via voice is a very cool feature to me right now. Question is does Aurora support voice commands, and if so how do I go about setting it up please? I'm probably being blind as a drunk bat, so will have another look tomorrow morning, but if there is something more to it please let me know.

Thanks man!

Right now i don't think there is Kinect voice commands implemented in Aurora, but it might be something that's added in the future, when Aurora have the currently planned features implemented (there's alot of things waiting to be implemented right now)

Ok thank you. It was strange then to see that prompt screen regarding setting up Kinect, and this was within Aurora right at the start during the initial quick game scan. After that I expected to see option in settings or something, or see that prompt screen again after reboot. Anyways, not to worry.

Getting back on topic (sort of), if I venture into LiNK gaming which I still haven't done properly yet (no time as usual), will I need to use trainers just to stay competitive? I've only just discovered that such a thing exists in form of modded TU's! Do modded TU's simply provide access to cheats, or can they enhance games in other ways, like for example the way PC games can be modded to give a game within a game, GTA LSPDFR mod being a good example.