RealModScene
aden34

RGH will not FTP with certain HDD installed

i have a 500gb WD HDD that im using for my RGH. Small files transfered over fine. such as FSD3, dashlaunch, ect.

whenever i try to transfer any kind of DLC, XBLA, or game, it fails to transfer over. my other HDD works fine, the one that came with the console. but it is only a 250gb

i have used filezilla, xbox neighborhood, GODspeed, FXP, but nothing will work. it recognizes the content and i can browse all directories and files, but when i try to transfer anything over it just fails. for xbox neighborhood i typically get "lost connection" but i know i didn't since i can still browse the DIR fine

i've tried using FATXplorer and that would transfer maybe 100mb then hard drive clicks once and i lose connection. 

i have tried Xexmenu by transfer over from a USB to that hdd, samething. HDD clicks once and console reboots.

the HDD is new out of a laptop, formatted multiple times for the console and started fresh over and over. ran multiple test on the HDD and does not show anything wrong.

wtf is wrong here?!? i'm about 3 tries away from just throwing this console out the window and lighting it on fire

• Like 1

whatever housing you have the 500gb in change it for the 250,this will let you know the housing isn't the issue..If the 500 plays up while in that housing it suggests the hdd is the culprit.Placing the 500 in an external housing & running seagate seatools for windows will confirm if bad sectors exist (a re-format maybe necessary for seatools to see the drive)

whatever housing you have the 500gb in change it for the 250,this will let you know the housing isn't the issue..If the 500 plays up while in that housing it suggests the hdd is the culprit.Placing the 500 in an external housing & running seagate seatools for windows will confirm if bad sectors exist (a re-format maybe necessary for seatools to see the drive)

I ran it with seatools and did the long scan and is said it passed

If you check it with CrystalDiskInfo it'll show you how much it's been used and alot of other things, can you tell me what it says? (it generally shows a bad disc with yellow colors at the top, rather then blue, if it's yellow it's not "dead" but it's not a disk to be trusted...

See the attached image for what i mean... the disk in the image came from a MAC i bought a couple of months ago, i was unable to install OSX 10.6 on it, but another HDD worked perfectly fine from the exact same installation media, which lead me to check it with CrystalDiskInfo and showed this info...

post-1436-0-37773300-1436689333_thumb.pn

this is what swizzy is saying: (and yes i know i have a bad hdd.. so no need to say anything hahaha)

a0xv2c.jpg

• Like 1