RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
JasperJay

Downloading HD Content

Hi,

When I start Need for Speed Rival I get a message to Download HD content, when I press the button nothing happens, and the Xbox freezes so that I have to restart the console.

Some notes:

• I start the game from Aurora 0.5b
  • Game is on a external USB HDD
  • I don't know what version of Kernal I'm running, but it's new upgraded in Jan. (i'm typing this message from a PC at my office)
  • It's an XBOX 360 slim 4GB

Any help or advise please.

Thanks,

JJ

• Like 1

Hi,

When I start Need for Speed Rival I get a message to Download HD content, when I press the button nothing happens, and the Xbox freezes so that I have to restart the console.

Some notes:

• I start the game from Aurora 0.5b
  • Game is on a external USB HDD
  • I don't know what version of Kernal I'm running, but it's new upgraded in Jan. (i'm typing this message from a PC at my office)
  • It's an XBOX 360 slim 4GB

Any help or advise please.

Thanks,

JJ

if it is asking for something, and tells you to "press something to get it" you wont on RGH, as it is calling to LIVE servers for that.. but in your case, this video will explain:

• Like 1

HD Content tends to be installed from the disc, which means it tends to be in a "Content" folder on the disc and simply be copied...

You will want to extract the Content folder first (Usually found on disc 1) with a program called Xbox Image Browser.

You can find it here http://www.realmodscene.com/xbins/XBOX%20360/xdvdfs/Xbox%20Image%20Browser/

After extracting both your discs, copy the Content folder to hdd1/Content (If you're copying it to the internal hard drive) or /USB0/Content (If you're copying it to an external USB drive)

Then usually what you want to do is only copy the contents of Disc 2 to a seperate folder on the same drive that you copied the Content folder to

example:

/hdd1/360/(GameNameHere)

or

/usb0/360(GameNameHere)

there ya go

• Like 2

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the feedback, with all your help I got it working....

Now i thought i'll just ask another question:

GTA 5 starts up but does not load. It gets stuck on the screen below (At the beginning of loading the game) and does not go any further. Maybe one of the experts on this forum has some advise regarding this as well?

Thanks Again,

JJpost-53044-0-71614400-1434613148_thumb.jpg

That would indicate that the files are corrupted (check in NXE to see if the installed files are corrupt or ok)

Hi All,

Thanks for the repsonses....

I know have to copy Content for Dragon Age, I followed the same procedure as in the Need for Speed tutorial, but that did not work. Do I have to follow different steps for Dragon Age? 

Thanks,

JJ.

Hi All,

Thanks for the repsonses....

I know have to copy Content for Dragon Age, I followed the same procedure as in the Need for Speed tutorial, but that did not work. Do I have to follow different steps for Dragon Age? 

Thanks,

JJ.

You should always look for specific information for each game, if there are any specific instructions, chances are there's something that's special about that particular game...