RealModScene
Al1210

parental control

Is there any way to limit my kid not to play with some games? Password?

there is an filter option already being made for games with ratings.. as i have worked on that database PERSONALLY.. 1800+ games rated.. all that needs to be done is implement it into aurora m8.. which very might be in the next update for aurora.. but yeah the password thing might be a great way to enforce it.. all really upon the crew on how they do it.. but the list is DONE!! thank you for bringing this up, as now my time doing it doesn't feel like a waste!!  :thumbup:

List is setup by ESRB.org/xbox.com, filtered from E/C(early child hood, like 1 game lol) to M(mature) so stopping your kid from playing the games you dont want him to would be as simple as setting your rating classes.. and not worry about it  :clap:

• Like 2

There's another thread round here somewhere that another member asked the same question,there may be some temp solutions there to tie you over

Thank you for the quick and the detailed response.

I will try it.

Avi

NP.. As it was a long time for me to do it.. Lol.. Like I said, just needs to be implanted to work ;-)

Your welcome, No Cred to me on this, the guy who made the app to make it easy on you, and the guy who threw the project in your lap. lol. :) Swizzy should get credit to, as he made me the app that dumped, and filtered the rest of the data needed from unity. :), and 2Ceedz who was a late addition to the team of people that are putting the data together, but also helped get it done real fast.

And of coarse Maester Rowen, and Team Phoenix for making it possible in the first place. :)

I have ran this by Maester Rowen, and when the data is finshed, it will all be added to the Unity Database, and once he gets me the new content struct, I will write the filters to implement this, not just for esrb regions, but all regions. The ESRB uses the strictest rating system in the world, so I decided to use that as a baseline for the filters. Not to bore you with the boring bits, but the idea is to create filters for the other regions, that will be a mixture of the esrb region stuff. EG Games in austrailia only have 4 ratings, so  every thing from ec to e10+ would be the ATP rating, and then T would be the +13 Rating, and M would be the +16 Rating, and +18 would be the AO rating. It isnt hard to write this into the filters, once I know how Maester Rowen plans on implementing it in the content structure, and will probably get that done fairly quickly. :) This will probably not be implemented until the next release of aurora, but until then.......

@Felida, thanks for ruining the surprise. lol. :) I am sure all the parents in the world love U now. lol.

Your welcome, No Cred to me on this, the guy who made the app to make it easy on you, and the guy who threw the project in your lap. lol. :) Swizzy should get credit to, as he made me the app that dumped, and filtered the rest of the data needed from unity. :), and 2Ceedz who was a late addition to the team of people that are putting the data together, but also helped get it done real fast.

And of coarse Maester Rowen, and Team Phoenix for making it possible in the first place. :)

I have ran this by Maester Rowen, and when the data is finshed, it will all be added to the Unity Database, and once he gets me the new content struct, I will write the filters to implement this, not just for esrb regions, but all regions. The ESRB uses the strictest rating system in the world, so I decided to use that as a baseline for the filters. Not to bore you with the boring bits, but the idea is to create filters for the other regions, that will be a mixture of the esrb region stuff. EG Games in austrailia only have 4 ratings, so  every thing from ec to e10+ would be the ATP rating, and then T would be the +13 Rating, and M would be the +16 Rating, and +18 would be the AO rating. It isnt hard to write this into the filters, once I know how Maester Rowen plans on implementing it in the content structure, and will probably get that done fairly quickly. :) This will probably not be implemented until the next release of aurora, but until then.......

@Felida, thanks for ruining the surprise. lol. :) I am sure all the parents in the world love U now. lol.

hey, all i said was i worked on the DB personally.. not that i created anything.. lolololol, and i was dogshit tired responding.. SORRY SWIZZY/MAESTERROWEN/TEAM PHOENIX!!! and 2ceedz is getting credit for the OG xbox games, as i basically scrapped the list i sent him, to complete the entire thing myself.. without errors from esrb.org/xbox.com not matching.. all 1800+(1200+ 360 games, 635 xbla games) are done by me.. lolol.. and of course Gavin for plopping the project on me, and cracking the whip.. lmfao j.k.. but seriously.. was just informing him of it so no more would ask over and over and over.. lol, and we both know how being asked the same thing over and over, can be annoying ( *cough*when is nova being released *cough* ) lol..

Also, not to mention i was making tut videos for ppl.. sheesh.. you can edit my posts.. and you know i dont have a problem giving credit..

• Like 1

hey, all i said was i worked on the DB personally.. not that i created anything.. lolololol, and i was dogshit tired responding.. SORRY SWIZZY/MAESTERROWEN/TEAM PHOENIX!!! and 2ceedz is getting credit for the OG xbox games, as i basically scrapped the list i sent him, to complete the entire thing myself.. without errors from esrb.org/xbox.com not matching.. all 1800+(1200+ 360 games, 635 xbla games) are done by me.. lolol.. and of course Gavin for plopping the project on me, and cracking the whip.. lmfao j.k.. but seriously.. was just informing him of it so no more would ask over and over and over.. lol, and we both know how being asked the same thing over and over, can be annoying ( *cough*when is nova being released *cough* ) lol..

Also, not to mention i was making tut videos for ppl.. sheesh.. you can edit my posts.. and you know i dont have a problem giving credit..

lol.

• Like 1

Notice: Gavin is a good padre.. he was just giving me crap.. no feelings are hurt in the making of these comments.. ;-)

• Like 1