RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
StaticPulse

[Aurora] Title Scan overwriting

Instead of having to delete the whole games database and re-scanning after moving a title from one location to another so that it doesn't create duplicate entries. Its nothing of urgent importance but I think it would be a good addition. Especially when you add a title incorrectly and have to restructure the file contents so that it becomes playable ie:Battlefield Hardline, GTA V, Alien Isolation, etc... 

I had wished I had known how to do multidisc games when I first started and I remember how much of a pain it was to have to redo the whole database once I got the title to work.

You can easily manually modify the database, and remove the doubles, all in one go. ;) it just takes some knowledge of sql queries, and a tool like sqlitebrowser, or sqliteadmin. :)  that being said, that is not recomended for noobs with sql, but you can manually edit the table with the tool also, and find the duplicate entry, and remove the row. :) copy the content.db back to the xbox, and no rescanning, it will show up, and point to games propperly. :) If you are going to attempt this make sure you have a back up of the db, before you overwrite the one on the console, and also remember you cannot copy/overwrite a db that is opened by aurora, so you will need to run another version of aurora, or xexmenu. :)

Instead of having to delete the whole games database and re-scanning after moving a title from one location to another so that it doesn't create duplicate entries. Its nothing of urgent importance but I think it would be a good addition. Especially when you add a title incorrectly and have to restructure the file contents so that it becomes playable ie:Battlefield Hardline, GTA V, Alien Isolation, etc... 

I had wished I had known how to do multidisc games when I first started and I remember how much of a pain it was to have to redo the whole database once I got the title to work.

You can also manually delete games from the database in Aurora...

Yeah, but that takes longer then writing a short sql query script that removes all duplicates from the DB, then you put the db back on the console, and rescan, problem solved quickly, with minimal effort.

Yeah, but that takes longer then writing a short sql query script that removes all duplicates from the DB, then you put the db back on the console, and rescan, problem solved quickly, with minimal effort.

Well, if you don't know SQL, then it takes longer with your method ;) mine is also less likely to cause other problems if the user isn't good with SQL...

True, maybe I will write a simple script that will do it, and save them the time of learning new technologies. :) to the script, as I think people should take the time to learn new technology, as it is awesome. And sql isnt that hard, but now that I am more awake, and am thinking about it, you would actually have to read in the game names, and the DBID, and have it loop through, and decide which were matches, and which werent, and remove them all. and then while you were at it, a quick script to remove the assets from all of those, as those files would be left stranded on the hdd.

You can also manually delete games from the database in Aurora...

I know you can manually delete the games from the database from the title info screen, was just thinking that an auto-remove feature for items not in their database location and an overwrite rescan feature would be nice to have. I did say it wasn't anything of urgent importance, just something that would be convenient to have. That or something that said "Path not found or external device disconnected, Delete?"

I know you can manually delete the games from the database from the title info screen, was just thinking that an auto-remove feature for items not in their database location and an overwrite rescan feature would be nice to have. I did say it wasn't anything of urgent importance, just something that would be convenient to have. That or something that said "Path not found or external device disconnected, Delete?"

It takes quite a bit of checking to check if each title exists or not, me and MaesterRowen wrote a script for that which i then lost track of that checked during startup and deleted any missing titles and their assets (where device was attached but the game/title couldn't be found)

• Like 1

It takes quite a bit of checking to check if each title exists or not, me and MaesterRowen wrote a script for that which i then lost track of that checked during startup and deleted any missing titles and their assets (where device was attached but the game/title couldn't be found)

Thats unfortunate, seems like it would be a really good script to have. Especially if it had duplicate entry detection.

Thats unfortunate, seems like it would be a really good script to have. Especially if it had duplicate entry detection.

I might look at creating this script again, keep in mind tho... it causes Aurora to boot ALOT slower (it was written in lua which needs to be interpreted before it can be executed) and, this script runs BEFORE the splash, so you were presented with a black screen with nothing on it while it was doing the checking...

I might look at creating this script again, keep in mind tho... it causes Aurora to boot ALOT slower (it was written in lua which needs to be interpreted before it can be executed) and, this script runs BEFORE the splash, so you were presented with a black screen with nothing on it while it was doing the checking...

Maybe a toggle setting like autoscan for TU's and Content