RealModScene
bongod

Matrix Trident Triple Nand

Hi guys

Noobest of noobs here, I had my xbox trinity rgh'd with the matrix trident and coolrunner. I bricked one of the nands while trying to do an update, original nand still works fine. My question is can I use the nand dump from my original on the bad one? Basically I just want to know how I can get that nand booting again. Any help would realy be appreciated. I have tried to do some research but it seems like most links to tutorials are dead, the ones I found are mostly to do with the hardware setup, soldering and such. Please help....Thanks

Hi guys

Noobest of noobs here, I had my xbox trinity rgh'd with the matrix trident and coolrunner. I bricked one of the nands while trying to do an update, original nand still works fine. My question is can I use the nand dump from my original on the bad one? Basically I just want to know how I can get that nand booting again. Any help would realy be appreciated. I have tried to do some research but it seems like most links to tutorials are dead, the ones I found are mostly to do with the hardware setup, soldering and such. Please help....Thanks

The problem with dual nand is that they won't have the same badblocks, but yeah, you can use the data from the original to fix the other nand once you've remapped the nand image according to the badblocks in the matrix nand slot

Also, this thread don't belong in "Homebrew", it belongs in "Other topics" i moved it for you

• Like 2

yeah, what swizz said.. as long as you keep that original nand safe.. there isnt much that can fail.. and you can repair it

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for the quick response guys. Will go ahead and flash it n see what happens. Cheers

Hey Bongod, how did you go with fixing your trident nand?

I tried flashing the 17489 updflash.bin to my 3rd nand (RED) however during the update process I directed the "output path" it into the wrong folder. My  X64 Flasher folder had an old 16537 updflash still sitting in it and flashed this. Now, when I boot my Trinity on the 3rd nand, the green light goes to a red dot and nothing comes up on the screen. I have pushed the eject button but the console won't boot to Xell Reloaded and goes to red dot after a few seconds. 

My console boots up normally on the 1 nand (GREEN - Original nand) and on the 2nd nand (BLUE - Freestyle dash) but 3rd nand is dead. I hope someone can advise me on how to resurrect this as I intend running Aurora on the 3rd.

All assistance or advice would be appreciated.

It's hard to help you with that problem, when it shows red (center led on the console) it means there's an error trying to boot... can you tell us what the error code is?

Hey Bongod, how did you go with fixing your trident nand?

I tried flashing the 17489 updflash.bin to my 3rd nand (RED) however during the update process I directed the "output path" it into the wrong folder. My  X64 Flasher folder had an old 16537 updflash still sitting in it and flashed this. Now, when I boot my Trinity on the 3rd nand, the green light goes to a red dot and nothing comes up on the screen. I have pushed the eject button but the console won't boot to Xell Reloaded and goes to red dot after a few seconds. 

My console boots up normally on the 1 nand (GREEN - Original nand) and on the 2nd nand (BLUE - Freestyle dash) but 3rd nand is dead. I hope someone can advise me on how to resurrect this as I intend running Aurora on the 3rd.

All assistance or advice would be appreciated.

like swizzy said, look up how to do the "Secondary Codes".. BUT you can't have Aurora on the 3rd nand.. unless you plan on having a separate launch.ini stashed on USB.. i think you are over thinking this.. lolz.. you could have RGL on the 3rd nand.. but not just Aurora, as it's a dash for freeboot kernels.. which your FSD is set as default on.. you can just map Aurora to like "A" button.. so you load that instead of FSD.. 

• Like 2

The trident can be flashed via the spi points on the motherboard. I would advise using a jr-programmer. Also, felida is correct,  and the nand doesnt hold dashboards. it holds system softawre(Stock, Freeboot, RGLoader/Fusion). This device is good for devs, as they can keep live for online stock play, switch to freeboot and use it as a glitch console, and then switch to RGLoader and use it with the XDK to develop new games and software. It really sucks TX dropped fusion, as that was a promisonisng option in its day.

• Like 1

Thank you for the advice..... I certainly hadn't thought about it that way. I'll just keep the 3rd as a backup nand but will now need to get it fixed.

As for configuring the boot sequence, I have now done this through dashlaunch and all works as I was hoping to achieve through hard switching between nands.

I am unable to get any codes as nothing shows up on my screen... please fill me in on how to get codes without seeing it?

Thanks in advance for this 

Thank you for the advice..... I certainly hadn't thought about it that way. I'll just keep the 3rd as a backup nand but will now need to get it fixed.

As for configuring the boot sequence, I have now done this through dashlaunch and all works as I was hoping to achieve through hard switching between nands.

I am unable to get any codes as nothing shows up on my screen... please fill me in on how to get codes without seeing it?

It is probably just a bad flash, just copy your Freeboot image to it.. Pretty simple really.. All it is, is a spare nand slot mate.. Although some might say try to use your original dump from that nand, and just create a newer one.. Because of the badblocks there may be..

Look up how to check the RROD error codes, it works the same on slim/phat, difference is that slim don't have a red ring and instead have green quadrants