RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
2Ceedz

GameAssetInfo.bin question....

Yes,

Does Aurora have different restrictions for this file then FSD?  By that I mean, is there a line length for the description in GameAssetInfo.bin for Aurora.  I hope its not too confusing.  Here is my issue:

I am manually transfering my covers from my backup GaDaBaMa folder (pics, game infos), and so far, i have just been overwriting my new GameAssetInfo.bin with my old GameAssetInfo.bin from FSD/GaDaBaMa.  This someimes works....but not all the time.  I am still playing around to find out.  Some work, some dont, so, i was thinking maybe this is a 'line restriction' or something with Aurura reading the GameAssetInfo.bin files, because the ones that ARE working are shorter descriptions and Homebrew.....and the ones not working so far are the longer descriptions for 360 games.

I have opened the files with text editor...so i can add the info that way too i think...but was just wondering if there were any major changes to the length/format of a 'proper' GameAssetInfo.bin for Aurora.

Sorry if this is confusing....just some infos are working and some arent, and im trying to figure out why. (then I could possible just edit the descriptions manually or via GaDaBaMa and overwrite the empty GameAssetInfo.bin's.

Thanks, starting to really like Aurora now.....I'm a late bloomer..LoL.  Also, hoping I posted this in the right section, as it wasnt an LUA/script question, so I wasnt sure where to post.

Can you send me an example of one that isn't working?

Of course, and thank you!  Its in xml..maybe that is why all the tags and stuff.....im editing manually now to test without all the BS...as the non-live GameAssetInfo.bin's are working fine.  Just got back from taking out the xml, and trying plain text...of course that didnt work either...LoL.  By non-live above i mean the Game Description was input by me and not downloaded via GaDaBaMa (not live stuff in xml and missing all the tags at the end).  The downloaded ones (mostly) are what Im having issues getting Aurora to show.

I do have a dashlaunch one working with Aurora tho that I manually input into GaDaBaMa...will post that also.  I can always just take a working one and re-edit that for all my games if needed i guess, just wondering why I cant copy n paste some and i can others.

THANKS again!!!!

**EDITED-FIXED WORKING DOWNLOAD**

GameAssetInfo.zip

GameAssetInfoWorking.zip

Edited by 2Ceedz

I can't see anything with this that would make it not work, it should be the same data, i'll ask the devs for the buffer size(s) to check if that's the culprit maybe (this could also be a database issue as the database stores this information) but were you able to put the info there manually?

Of course, and thank you! Its in xml..maybe that is why all the tags and stuff.....im editing manually now to test without all the BS...as the non-live GameAssetInfo.bin's are working fine. Just got back from taking out the xml, and trying plain text...of course that didnt work either...LoL. By non-live above i mean the Game Description was input by me and not downloaded via GaDaBaMa (not live stuff in xml and missing all the tags at the end). The downloaded ones (mostly) are what Im having issues getting Aurora to show.

I do have a dashlaunch one working with Aurora tho that I manually input into GaDaBaMa...will post that also. I can always just take a working one and re-edit that for all my games if needed i guess, just wondering why I cant copy n paste some and i can others.

THANKS again!!!!

why is the working one passworded?? that dont make sense?? and the obvious difference is FILE SIZE.. as the working one is less than 1k.. and the non working one is 3k..

why is the working one passworded?? that dont make sense?? and the obvious difference is FILE SIZE.. as the working one is less than 1k.. and the non working one is 3k..

and imma shoot in the dark, and say thay are diff structures? and GaDaBaMa doesnt support Aurora.. as they have tried to contact the dev of that program and no luck.. but it is trying to be worked out..
  • Like 1

Sorry, stupid auto settings..editing post now with non passworded...im sorry!  Both are straight from GaDaBaMa....its just i didnt download that information for the working one, i manually entered it into GaDaBaMa.  Is how i know some works with Aurora....Im thinking its the size or something like Swizzy said.....but there are alot of tags at the end, wasnt sure if that's where it was messing up.  But for the 1 liner to work, and the ones with alot of into not working, im thinking along with Swizzy (plus he checked the file...LoL). (Yeah i tried to get Keyser too but with no luck).

Thanks guys, Last 2 things for Aurora I 'needed' manual cover and info adding...........and like i said, worse to worse i can take the working one and just copy n paste the infos (im thinking..LoL), just thought it was weird and was hoping there was an easy fix so i could copy n paste...LoL.

Fixed working download  also, sorry for the  password, didnt think i had zips to password.

I can't see anything with this that would make it not work, it should be the same data, i'll ask the devs for the buffer size(s) to check if that's the culprit maybe (this could also be a database issue as the database stores this information) but were you able to put the info there manually?

Plain text didnt work, but testing the manual changing now, will edit with update, and whats werid in the working one i dont see a decription..

ok, after playing alot more it seems now i cannot get the gameassetinfo.bin to matter anymore....even the ones that worked I cannoot edit....I think i just need a break....as the content is stored in DB, not the GameAssetInfo.bin files, correct?  If that's the case then editing this .bin file wont affect Aurora.  I'm starting to think its pulling the working info's from somewhere else. (Never really looked at the synopsis before as I only tested briefly before).

Thanks again, and sorry if we are looking for the wrong file to edit for the descriptions.

Edited by 2Ceedz

Sorry, stupid auto settings..editing post now with non passworded...im sorry! Both are straight from GaDaBaMa....its just i didnt download that information for the working one, i manually entered it into GaDaBaMa. Is how i know some works with Aurora....Im thinking its the size or something like Swizzy said.....but there are alot of tags at the end, wasnt sure if that's where it was messing up. But for the 1 liner to work, and the ones with alot of into not working, im thinking along with Swizzy (plus he checked the file...LoL). (Yeah i tried to get Keyser too but with no luck).

Thanks guys, Last 2 things for Aurora I 'needed' manual cover and info adding...........and like i said, worse to worse i can take the working one and just copy n paste the infos (im thinking..LoL), just thought it was weird and was hoping there was an easy fix so i could copy n paste...LoL.

Fixed working download also, sorry for the password, didnt think i had zips to password.

Plain text didnt work, but testing the manual changing now, will edit with update, and whats werid in the working one i dont see a decription..

ok, after playing alot more it seems now i cannot get the gameassetinfo.bin to matter anymore....even the ones that worked I cannoot edit....I think i just need a break....as the content is stored in DB, not the GameAssetInfo.bin files, correct? If that's the case then editing this .bin file wont affect Aurora. I'm starting to think its pulling the working info's from somewhere else. (Never really looked at the synopsis before as I only tested briefly before).

Thanks again, and sorry if we are looking for the wrong file to edit for the descriptions.
how about trying to edit a WORKING aurora asset?? and then swap that out?? i know there are specific settings to them, as i tried just copying a working asset.bin to an emu(unedited).. and it did not show up.. has to be the way aurora is setup?? but as i've stated.. they have tried to contact creater of GaDamBa or w.e and no luck with that..

Sent swizzy a PM with info i have found out about this!! as im pretty sure it shouldnt be public knowledge.. but i'm pretty sure he'll figure out how to work it and pop out another proggy, or add it into his already badass asset editor!

This file isn't used by Aurora no, well, it's used during refresh, but not otherwise...

Once this has been parsed it's left only so you don't have to re-download everything every time... the Database holds the Description/title, so, you can use SQLite Browser to manually change it

And unlike what felida told me in PM this isn't dangerous at all, as long as you make sure to only edit the fields you understand (meaning; only edit description and/or title) anything with a number; leave it as-is if you don't know what that number is for...

And of course, you should only replace the database using something like FSD, XEXMenu or another instance of Aurora, replacing it while Aurora is running will likely break it, if it works to do so at all...

how about trying to edit a WORKING aurora asset?? and then swap that out?? i know there are specific settings to them, as i tried just copying a working asset.bin to an emu(unedited).. and it did not show up.. has to be the way aurora is setup?? but as i've stated.. they have tried to contact creater of GaDamBa or w.e and no luck with that..

Sent swizzy a PM with info i have found out about this!! as im pretty sure it shouldnt be public knowledge.. but i'm pretty sure he'll figure out how to work it and pop out another proggy, or add it into his already badass asset editor!

Yeah, that's what the 'working' was...but like i said, maybe its pulling from somewhere else, as I couldnt get it to work today again either (but not a fresh install like it was at first).  Yeah, was hoping i/we didnt have to bug him for that if its actually reading that file.  Yes, i know Keyser's retired...so is why im just trying to see if its supposed to work or find another way to edit infos, and SQLite will work if needed.  Just didnt know if its supposed to read from those files (like fsd did) or not.  Thanks for helping me test this theory tho, and I swear it worked the first time.

This file isn't used by Aurora no, well, it's used during refresh, but not otherwise...

Once this has been parsed it's left only so you don't have to re-download everything every time... the Database holds the Description/title, so, you can use SQLite Browser to manually change it

And unlike what felida told me in PM this isn't dangerous at all, as long as you make sure to only edit the fields you understand (meaning; only edit description and/or title) anything with a number; leave it as-is if you don't know what that number is for...

And of course, you should only replace the database using something like FSD, XEXMenu or another instance of Aurora, replacing it while Aurora is running will likely break it, if it works to do so at all...

Ok, maybe i did get them to work..but like i said i cannot make it read those files again (I think it worked on the first edit of aurora), but ill add more covers and such and see if anymore work/take.  BUT i can just use SQLite to edit.

Yes, I use XexMenu disc after booting to NXE to transfer important data...then power off xbox and test.  (FSD and the TUs taught me that), and I NEVER just edit infos i dont understand (i look for the exact text in the file of what i want edited..and touch nothing else (unless i make a backup like i did today with the plain text try).  Thanks, and if i need to use SQLite and edit info's thru .db I can, like i said, just thought i got it to work some and didnt want to mess with .db unless i needed to...............and SQLite will work fine, np, just not as easy as copy n paste..but im not picky.

Thanks to you both!!

well i tried playing with the db/assets.. i didnt want to give info that would corrupt the DB all together, as adding 1 character to description completely destroyed my DB, and as ppl would bitch how come it destroyed their db's and such... and until something is produced to do it safely, back up, back up, back up.. lol..

and you dont need to restart XB.. just go to Xexmenu/FSD/Dashlaunch ftp, and pull the db, edit to your liking, put back in aurora, start aurora, changes will reflect..  

editing the asset would only be possible, if aurora was set to update DB based on the asset that are there already/download missing assets, instead of re-downloading assets all together.. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all your help!! I've got it rigged to work atm....thanks to you both!  FYI, what i am doing:  Using GaDaBaMa to download my pics/info for my FSD, and then using that content from the GaDaBaMa local install to get the pics for Swizzys app.  Then, like Swizzy suggested, I used SQLite Browser to change the content of the content.db.  The ONLY things i touched in the .db were 'title' and 'description'.  All is working great!  Thank you so much!

Now i have this data in my Aurora folder, i have a backup for future releases! (So i dont take an hour to install covers/infos - and that was actually alot quicker as i had 90% of the info stored in GaDaBaMa. Thanks again for your help, and for the new covers app for Aurora!

• Like 3