RealModScene
tmg313

New JTAG....several frustrating issues

Hey guys.
I'm a bit of a noob here so bear with me.
I have recently acquired a 360 that's Jtagged and that's all I know about it. It's running Freestyle Dash, and whoever had this thing before really screwed it up at believe. The Dash version is 2.2Rev725. The Kernal Version is 2.0.15574.0 No idea what the Dash Launcher is.

So I have several main issues.

1. It will not play burned games, is this to be expected? It will also not even recognize them as games when I try to rip them to the hdd or external USB drive I have. A buddy burnt them for his own system which they work on apparently. When I go to rip them they read as video discs. Is there a way to burn them so they play/rip?

2. MOST IMPORTANT: I can't get any newish games to play (whether through the DVD drive or after I've ripped them to Hdd, as it keeps trying to "install an update to play this game" which fails "due to an unreadable disc" and an error code something like "a124-453c-h452 etc..." even if there's no disc and it's right off the hdd. How do I get around this? I can't play anything relatively new and it's driving me nuts.

3. On the games I CAN play (very few) they won't run (glitch loading screen freeze) if I'm signed into any gamer profile, meaning I can't save. How can I get around this to be able to save?

Sorry for the long post but this thing is seriously buggered and I'm new to this. I appreciate all your advice. Please try and remember I'm a noob when it comes to this but I am quite computer savvy.
Cheers!
-Tim

1. Yes, if the DVD Drive isn't flashed with iXtreme it won't read burnt games...

2. You need to update the kernel, 15574 is 2 years old...

3. Probably by updating the kernel?

There's likely nothing wrong with it, just you not having the ability to check for updates of stuff, and not having any idea as to what's needed for things to work...

• Like 2

Wow, this is crazy! You really need to check the tutorial section, I'll try to help you

You can learn lots of stuff here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4959-every-thing-you-need-to-know-about-your-rghjtag/

Well, read everything you can find on the tutorials section! But basically to play the games you need to extract it and put inside your HDD (external or internal) and use something to run it! You can play with discs too, but not with LT Xtreme stuff discs or something

• Like 3

Best bet to get those games that dont work, is pop in your disk drive on PC, and use img browser.. alot easier than doing up the DVD drive

You knead to read the info you have been give b4 you blow the eFuses and waste a good Jtag !

And the dvd drive not working has saved you so fare from updates don't updated from disc or xbox live !!

• Like 2

Welcome to realmods tmg313 you finally made it i see,now the fun really begins.The boys here as you can see will have your JTAG up & running in no time,lastly read very carefully the tuts to make sure you make no mistakes with the kernel

• Like 1