RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
maxwayne

Rgh2 slim corona just bleeps no boot up

hi all can anyone help me i am from the uk and i have a Rgh2 slim corona just bleeps no boot up i did re flash the wrong nand back after i found out but after it flashed it wont boot up now trey ed different power brick no luck is power brick is orange and i see a red light on in side , allso it as jrunner programed fitted on the back this as bean working a long time a go , in jrunner app it gives me this Version: 01

Flash Config: 0x00000000

Can not Continue

i n the photo the yellow wire to the Bord  looks week like lump of solder missing but thats just me i never solder an think in my life 

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

• Like 2

You can always try bad flash recovery, by shorting out some nand resistors on the bottom of the board, these will be by the nand points you connect the demon to.

Basically, short the resistors(Flat head screwdriver works nice, 2 or 3 should do), plug in power, unshort them, then try rewriting nand. The other option is to install a demon, and write the correct nand image with that.

Basically, you have the wrong smc on the nand, and the console loads that when plugged in. by shorting the resistors, it forces the southbridge to load a failsafe SMC which is on that chip. :) when you unshort the resistors, the console will then be able to r/w the nand again, as the failsafe has been loaded, and you should be able to fix it with the JRP. Note, some people have had to try this multiple times before getting it to work, so if it doesnt work first go, start over from the beginning, and try again.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

The safer option is to use NANDPro with a NANDPro compatible flasher, a batch script that constantly runs "nandpro usb: -e16" while turning the power on/off until it doesn't say 00000 as config anymore...

• Like 1

The safer option is to use NANDPro with a NANDPro compatible flasher, a batch script that constantly runs "nandpro usb: -e16" while turning the power on/off until it doesn't say 00000 as config anymore...

Never had an issue with the other method, but I can see this working also, might take longer to get the timing right though.

• Like 1

You can always try bad flash recovery, by shorting out some nand resistors on the bottom of the board, these will be by the nand points you connect the demon to.

Basically, short the resistors(Flat head screwdriver works nice, 2 or 3 should do), plug in power, unshort them, then try rewriting nand. The other option is to install a demon, and write the correct nand image with that.

Basically, you have the wrong smc on the nand, and the console loads that when plugged in. by shorting the resistors, it forces the southbridge to load a failsafe SMC which is on that chip. :) when you unshort the resistors, the console will then be able to r/w the nand again, as the failsafe has been loaded, and you should be able to fix it with the JRP. Note, some people have had to try this multiple times before getting it to work, so if it doesnt work first go, start over from the beginning, and try again.

Good Luck.

thanks mate i look for a tut to see which part to short if i fail would need to find some one in the uk to post to

Never had an issue with the other method, but I can see this working also, might take longer to get the timing right though.

thanks mate will see what i can do

google demon install guide slim. short any of the resistor by the d0 - d7 pad together, so lay a screwdriver across 2 or 3 of them. plug in the power, try again. repeat until it works. the resistors you are looking for are on the bottom of the board on the slim consoles. On the phat, they are next to the nand.

• Like 1

google demon install guide slim. short any of the resistor by the d0 - d7 pad together, so lay a screwdriver across 2 or 3 of them. plug in the power, try again. repeat until it works. the resistors you are looking for are on the bottom of the board on the slim consoles. On the phat, they are next to the nand.

hi mate thanks for your reply is it any of them on the pic where the awoow goes to thanks

image.jpg

i think he means take the motherboard out and they will be on the bottom of the board these ones here i think he means wait for replay to make certain though

Capture.PNG

slim_install_diagram_final.jpg

post-495-0-08989000-1428254392_thumb.png

post-495-0-80737300-1428254399_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Should work with either method, but... hardware changes can if not done correctly cause worse issues, it's also not really good to short resistors like that...

Essentially, timing it right may take anywhere from a few seconds to i guess half an hour if you're really not good at timing things xD but, if you make a script that calls itself like so:

nandpro usb: -e16
scriptname.bat
And have it running until it works, you're more likely to hit the sweet spot then if you try to do all of this manually, all you really have to do when running this script is connect power and unplug it from the motherboard, as long as your computer is fairly fast it should erase the block fine, it doesn't matter if you erase all blocks or just the first one, the first one is that one that matters as it's where the SMC is stored

To kill the script just hit Ctrl + C and answer yes or close the window...

• Like 1

i think he means take the motherboard out and they will be on the bottom of the board these ones here i think he means wait for replay to make certain though

Capture.PNG

slim_install_diagram_final.jpg

thanks mate will wate for my frend if not or cant find any one to fix it will bin it

Should work with either method, but... hardware changes can if not done correctly cause worse issues, it's also not really good to short resistors like that...Essentially, timing it right may take anywhere from a few seconds to i guess half an hour if you're really not good at timing things xD but, if you make a script that calls itself like so:

nandpro usb: -e16
scriptname.bat
And have it running until it works, you're more likely to hit the sweet spot then if you try to do all of this manually, all you really have to do when running this script is connect power and unplug it from the motherboard, as long as your computer is fairly fast it should erase the block fine, it doesn't matter if you erase all blocks or just the first one, the first one is that one that matters as it's where the SMC is storedTo kill the script just hit Ctrl + C and answer yes or close the window...
thanks for help i dont have nand pro on the bord but will tell my

Frend he may now more than me thanks

yes those are the resistors i was talking about. the ones that go to the IO lines to the nand. Basically if the southbridge cant read the nand, and load the wrong SMC, it will load a failsafe stored in the chip, then when you remove the bridge, it will be able to read/write the nand again, but will not have loaded the wrong SMC into the southbridge/ram. Not exactly sure where it loads it to. I would try swizzy's method first, just because it would be easier, and possibly less likely to cause issues. I have used this method on more then one occasion, and never had a problem with it though, so I would guess it is hit or miss. Also those resistors go to ground, or at least on the corona they do, so the risk of damage is minimal. Not saying there isnt a risk, but since it doesnt work anyway worst case scenario, is you get stuck in the same position you are in currently. Should also be mentioned that with a jrp, you have to hit the reset button on it everytime you disconnect the power from the xbox, so I dont know how well the nandpro script will work with the timing, because you would have to get it just right(Plug in power, hit button, hope script launches nandpro, before the southbridge runs its nand init processs.) A nand-X doesnt need the reset button hit, but are harder to find now, but if you have one available, it would be the better option for this method. With the resistor short method it doesnt matter, as you can reset the jrp before removing the bridge. Long story short, either method will take some precise timing, but should be able to fix the problem. :)

on second thought, you could probably run a wire from the ce point for the demon to ground, which would also disable the chip, and then cut the wire after the failsafe loads to re-enable the chip, and get the same results. This would require soldering though, and some people arent comfortable doing that.

• Like 3

Big thanks to all very great full , got it working with the short bridge thing tuck 5 times the last time keep bridge on and reset j runner programmer at same time and worked re write nand with the right one lol and boots up working great just need to put it all back together agine lol hopeing 

• Like 3

Glad you got it sorted. in the future, you might want to tell the owner to use the xebuild updserv option for updating, it will prevent problems like this in the future. :)

• Like 3

Glad you got it sorted. in the future, you might want to tell the owner to use the xebuild updserv option for updating, it will prevent problems like this in the future. :)

is my box mate my fault i have flashed it loads of times was a dum mistake this time but thanks for the tip

• Like 1

is my box mate my fault i have flashed it loads of times was a dum mistake this time but thanks for the tip

Another tip is to ALWAYS doublecheck before writing something...

http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/ is a good tutorial for how to upgrade a Xbox 360, in general this should work fine and not cause any issues... even if you're tired ;)

• Like 1

Another tip is to ALWAYS doublecheck before writing something...

http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/ is a good tutorial for how to upgrade a Xbox 360, in general this should work fine and not cause any issues... even if you're tired ;)

year thanks mate i wont do it agine very great full for all the help