RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Evertonman67

Nightmare trying to install multi disc games :(

Hiya guys,

I'm new to signing up to your website,even though i've been using Freestyle Dash since FSD v2 on the older Xenon Jtags.

I have a 360 Falcon on RGH2 with a 300gb HDD and loaded with FSD 3 .775 and it boots perfect.I have all my single disc games installed and running from the HDD and i've even managed to get GTA V ( both discs ) installed and running from the HDD after watching a video tuturial on Youtube.All the games that i've currently installed all show up with there game covers in my FSD "Xbox 360 Games" folder.

I'm now trying to get COD Ghosts and some of my other multi disc games installed onto the HDD but i'm unable to find an easy enough tuturial on how to do it correctly.

I have both COD Ghosts discs extracted onto my desktop,so have both Disc 1 & Disc 2 ISO's,i would just like to know how to get COD Ghosts onto my 300gb HDD and then get some more multi disc games installed along the way :)

Any help at all would be much appericiated indeed.

Check your games, do they have a "Content" folder on one disc? this means that it's a install required, just copy that folder and it should be good... (GOTY might work differently tho)

Otherwise you have to look up for each particular game what is required...

Another thing you must also consider is the kernel used, you might use the latest FSD, but that doesn't mean all the latest games will automatically work, the kernel has to be updated every once in a while aswell...

• Like 1

Hi,

i usually keep both DVD 1 and DVD 2 folder. i have only had to worry about installation for 2 games. fary cry 4 is one of them. where i had to move the contents of the folder installation1 into the main folder. delete default.xex (the 1 MB file), then rename game.xex to default.xex (the 13MB file). and it wasn't even a 2 disc game.,

what annoys me though, in FSD, i end up with 2 game entries in the game list, one per disc folder. in Aurora it's worse. i have games called Disc 1, Disc 2, DVD 1, etc. 

if i was going to stick with Aurora, i clearly need to get rid of the disc structure of the games. that question is how? do i just merge the 2 folders. most of my games were extracted using iso extract tools. i have a few extracted using iso2GOD.

cheers