RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Shuraim Ahmet

Connecting 360 wireless controller to pc via usb.

Hey guys, I know my question might sound silly to you, but I just want to know whether it is possible to connect my wireless controller to my pc via usb without using those expensive official microsoft receivers? Or alternatively are there cheaper third party receivers available which might work, I found a few on amazon but not sure whether they'll fit for the purpose.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I know my question might sound silly to you, but I just want to know whether it is possible to connect my wireless controller to my pc via usb without using those expensive official microsoft receivers? Or alternatively are there cheaper third party receivers available which might work, I found a few on amazon but not sure whether they'll fit for the purpose.

Thanks.

It's pretty difficult to get hold of official ones these days as they're no longer in production, the third party ones you can find on ebay are fairly cheap and works perfectly fine, however they might need you to install the drivers manually

• Like 1

It's pretty difficult to get hold of official ones these days as they're no longer in production, the third party ones you can find on ebay are fairly cheap and works perfectly fine, however they might need you to install the drivers manually

Thanks Swizzy and by drivers u mean those available at microsoft website ?

Thanks Swizzy and by drivers u mean those available at microsoft website ?

They're included in the modern OS's but they won't be matching the VID/PID automatically, you have to manually go in to the device manager and select the driver

They're included in the modern OS's but they won't be matching the VID/PID automatically, you have to manually go in to the device manager and select the driver

Oh right got it. Thanks man.

Oh right got it. Thanks man.

If your OS don't already have them tho, you can easily just download and install, but might still have to select them manually... it depends on what type of clone/third party device you get, some might actually be using the same VID/PID which would make them match automatically

• Like 1