RealModScene
burl35y

Fsd3 boot problem

Hi, Just a little problem.

I got FS3 installed boots fine.

Boots games fine.

Once I'm in a game and I hit the big "X" then "Y" to go back to FS3 but it just sits at a black screen.

I have to turn it off and back on again to get back into FS3.

Games are on a HDD.

FS3 & Dash Launch are on the internal memory.

Not entirely sure if that matters.

Thanks for your time,

Kyle.

It shouldnt be a problem to put it on flash memory, but I will say it is universally stupid, as fsd is constantly writing to the DB, and will cause your nand to fail sooner or later, especially with a 4gb corona. As for your issue, I have never had that issue, unless using a theme from another version of FSD. I would suggest upgrading to Aurora anyway, as it is still being developed, and is faster, and has some other super nice features(Rom Browser, File Manager(That tells you what you are looking at in content menu, Trainer engine, etc.)

How long do you wait after the screen goes black before giving up? and what model of console do you have?

My boards a trinity 4gb.

Yeah im going to try aurora this weekend.

And I am using a different theme ill try revert it back to the default fs3 theme and see what it does. Also can I install aurora on a usb stick or on the hdd as well as having fs3 installed onto internal memory?

I havnt looked at the installation process yet.

My boards a trinity 4gb.

Yeah im going to try aurora this weekend.

And I am using a different theme ill try revert it back to the default fs3 theme and see what it does. Also can I install aurora on a usb stick or on the hdd as well as having fs3 installed onto internal memory?

I havnt looked at the installation process yet.

Yes, you can put aurora anywhere you want...

Thanks swizzy can you tell me what advantages aurora has over fs3 or send me a link to the specs please

The biggest advantage is loading times. It handles large databases better, but it also has a trainer engine, rom browser for emulators, xboxunity cover push, Better file manager, and a much nicer ui, that fits the xbox much better if you ask me. There is a whole section in the forums for aurora, and the latest publicly available version is 0.4b, but 0.5b should be out any time...... Maester Rowen, who handles the releases posted update info on it like a month ago, so who knows when it will be out. He must be busy with other projects at the moment(I would assume his day job), or hit a major glitch with the code, as I havnt seen him post much on here in a while.

• Like 1

Yes that sounds great! I just ordered a Seagate 500gb sshd so by sounds of thimgs should preform well. Cheers for your help Gavin much appreciated.

• Like 2

.toooo smallllllll..lol..you'll need 500 just for the dlc for all your soon to be games :p,get a 2tb,i'd caution you against getting a ssdhd especially one of those combined models as the nands have a high failure rate apparently

Yes that sounds great! I just ordered a Seagate 500gb sshd so by sounds of thimgs should preform well. Cheers for your help Gavin much appreciated.

I would stay away from SSD drives, they have a higher failure rate, as they like the 4gb module are running on flash memory, which has a tendancy to go bad if you are constantly writing to it, which games do, as they save data constantly in the profile.

Long story short, my day job is fixing peoples computers(When I can find Jobs.), and I tell all my customers that SSD drives are good for installing your OS, and Programs on, because of the speed increase for loading, but you should save your data on an actual HDD. It will work, but when it fails, it fails hard, and there is no chance of recovery. With a regular HDD if it fails, you can always recover the data with a magnetic wand. I actually read a story about a guy who shot 6 holes in his hdd, and then threw it in a fire, and still recovered 95% of the data, and it was still intact. When the chips in the SSD drive fails, there is no recovery option.

• Like 1

.toooo smallllllll..lol..you'll need 500 just for the dlc for all your soon to be games :p,get a 2tb,i'd caution you against getting a ssdhd especially one of those combined models as the nands have a high failure rate apparently

SSHDD's tend to be a big HDD with a small SSD section which holds commonly used data to speed that up, however i think it's stored in both locations...

Either way, SSD on Xbox 360 isn't all that good... you may see some increase in boot times, but when i did a test ages ago with a mid-range SSD i got Borderlands to crash right after loading the level i was in, it wasn't data errors, it was the SSD running too fast, this happens mostly with games, and most of the time it shows as missing textures in games when the game and storage device isn't in sync with each other...

• Like 1

Lol fksake just ordered one! O well ill give it a try with a few games for a week or so and see how it goes. I wont pile on loads of games incase of failure, can always use it in my computer then get a standard hdd for later on.