RealModScene
zoomr2

Problem with fsd 3 and 2.2 need help please

Hello to everyone i tryed everything before i post here and i also search in a lot of forums but nothing came up so i am sorry if there is a solution reposted and i didn't find it but i am at a deadend.

So i have a 360 elite fat rgh. I had it for 3 years allmost with only what the guy did when he get the chip to my xbox so i had to do a full update in kernel+dashlunch and fsd. So now the xbox is 16747 but when i tried to install fsd3 (i use the method that i burn a dvd and use the installer- something whent terribly wrong...) and everything looked ok i realize tha i have a skin fsd3 but with fsd 2.2 and my console also goes very slow... in the internal hard drive i saw through hexmenu that i have on root dir an fsd folder with fsd3 and a foleder called freestyle that contains the same files with fsd3 folder + a data 2.1gb folder... when i atemp to change theme i copy a theme in fsd3 folder/skins nothing happened i did the same in freestyle skins folder and there it was... i dont have link whell as i say i have as i can see fsd2.2 with fsd3 cover.... i dont really know what to do cause i dont to loose any data or damaged my console... i am sorry for the long post an hope for some help... thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Because of all the changes, between versions, you have to get themes for the version of FSD you are running, or it will result in a black screen, and not being able to do anything. You can remove FSD, and you wont loose anything, except FSD, covers, and settings. I would suggest switching to Aurora, as you will get better support for it, since it is still being developed.

So, if I were you I would install Aurora and scrap FSD all together, Aurora handles large library's better, loading times are faster, and it is all around a better dash. :)

FSD 2.2 and F3 are very different, you cannot use the skins from 2.2 with F3, you can't even use the F3 skins between different revisions, you have to use the correct one for your revision of F3...

I don't think the stored structure is quite the same either, so you're best of just setting up a fresh F3 (with the latest version found on the forum, or just go for Aurora instead which is the new dash after F3) and using that instead

FSD 2.2 is old, very very old... alot of things have changed since it was released

Thank you very much both for the answers so my one option is to use aurora (something that i know zero but i will read and learn) only one question aurora do not affect the nand version (it is ok to use it with 16747 i mean) and have the same pros like link and etc like fsd?? Otherwise how can i correct my mistake if you can help me, i delete fsd3 folder and freestyle folder exept data folder inside an do a clean installation?? Replace the files of freestyle folder (2.2) with fsd 3 and run it?? Or what to else to do??

Additional questions, realy sorry for the trouble. If i go over a fresh istalation of f3 (through dvd) i will tick the delete the older files??? This will cause lost of data (exept gamepaths etc that i have to reset them)???

If you are going to fix the problem, completely remove fsd folders, and then extract a new version of either aurora 0.4b or fsd 3.0b rev 775, which was the final version. copy to a folder on hdd. configure launch.ini default = to point to the xex file, default.xex for FSD, and Aurora.xex for aurora, in the folder you just created. then all you have to do is reconfigure scan paths, re-enter your unity account info, and re download all the covers, and TUs. Unfortunatly, you cant back this up, and you probably dont have the knowledge to manually edit the database, to possibly fix the setup you have. this is the easiest option.

Also, there is no reason to have the $Systemupdate and $Titleupdate folders on your HDD. that is just a waste of space.

• Like 1

Gavin thank you very much.

one last question when you say configure launch.ini you mean from dashlaunch right??? And to go right first delete both files with fsd then do as you say with the new????

• Like 1

Gavin thank you very much.

one last question when you say configure launch.ini you mean from dashlaunch right??? And to go right first delete both files with fsd then do as you say with the new????

Step 1. Run XEXMenu

Step 2. Delete any FSD folder you have on your harddrive, and delete those $SystemUpdate and $TitleUpdate

Step 3. Put Aurora (or F3 rev 775) on your console

Step 4. Either boot Dashlaunch installer or manually edit launch.ini to point to Aurora or F3 (depending on which you installed) NOTE: if you use the dashlaunch installer you have to save the settings using the function for that, as it's runtime settings until you save the ini...

Step 5. Reboot your console and check that it's still working as expected

Swizzy thank you very much everything worked great really thank you!! One last question non relative (sorry for the noobness of me...) i set up LiNK and even thow it worked with modern warfare but not with forza4 or gtaV or fifa is it somethong wrong or link doesent support these games, i search and couldnt find an answer for that thank you in advance

Swizzy thank you very much everything worked great really thank you!! One last question non relative (sorry for the noobness of me...) i set up LiNK and even thow it worked with modern warfare but not with forza4 or gtaV or fifa is it somethong wrong or link doesent support these games, i search and couldnt find an answer for that thank you in advance

Those games don't support System Link, that's why they're not supported by LiNK...

Ok thank you very much i will search for a list for supported ones. Thanks again for all

Basically, go to xboxunity.net, use the filter function and you'll see which games are LiNK enabled, these games have been proven to have System Link by the community and are thus enabled by me and the admins...

Basically tho, if you can find "System Link", "LAN" or similar in the menu's, that's what we need to see (along with the TitleID) in order for the game to be activated, however, old games are less likely to have players to play with, and infact... if you do find a old game that does have LiNK, but isn't LiNK enabled, it's most likely not that much fun to play and nobody is going to play with you (unless you have friends that do play it, it's likely rare that you'll find someone to play with)

Swizzy just a thank you is really nothing for your help, i fix everything i find everything and all goes smooth, so thank you for one more time really for your help!

• Like 2

Hi.. I have a question.. I updated freestyle and kinect yesterday and installed some new games on the hard drive of Xbox 360.. Now, it fails to start and gives me F3 error with 3 options: retry, continue or go to NXE.. So, I downloaded Freestyle dashboard and put it on USB.. and as the tutorial says, I went to My games, but can't find the xex menu to continue!! can anybody help me?!!

Hi.. I have a question.. I updated freestyle and kinect yesterday and installed some new games on the hard drive of Xbox 360.. Now, it fails to start and gives me F3 error with 3 options: retry, continue or go to NXE.. So, [/size]I downloaded Freestyle dashboard and put it on USB.. and as the tutorial says, I went to My games, but can't find the xex menu to continue!! can anybody help me?!!

You probably didn't get XEXMenu installed... download it and write a textfile that contains:

default=usb:\path\to\xexmenu
This textfile you save as "launch.ini" including the quotes (if you use notepad to write it...)

Just change "path\to\xexmenu" to the directory structure of your USB device, the final part is the name of the file that's to be launched (default.xex if you went for the xex version of XEXMenu or C0DE9990 if it's the LIVE version)