RealModScene
chriss179

[Aurora] File manager sort order.

Hello, i love the file manager, especially the part where content/0000000000/XXXXXXXXX/ folders get a name added in brackets only thing is i have like 1200 of these folders in my content/000000000 folder. And to find a single item is near to impossible. A feature i would be very fond of is if the sort order could be to sort first the folders with a description from #->z then the folders without a description from #->z. I don't know if this is too complex for a console file manager but looking for that single game in large folder structures is near to impossible otherwise. It'd make the item names that much more functional to me.

Not going to happen i would think as it would require more width to allow the name & number,personally pissing round with the manager is a pain in the rear,better off using ftp client to move,delete etc

You could do what i do on a backup hdd as in the following example for all games

F:/360 GOD Games/Ace Of whatever 55567AF/55567AF

There is also the matter of extracting from the iso with the pc version of isotogod,you can copy paste the 55567AF name & paste it to the name of the about to be GOD game (it may require abbreviating the actual game name) so now when it's scanned into the data base the number appears on screen like so,(just pretend your now in the game library & looking at the cover flow),as you scroll each game the  name & it's actual number are displayed

AOW 55567AF

Grid 2 55576AD

etc,etc

Ok back to figuring out whats what in the file manager from ftp client,if you do what i've done all you need do is use pc folder search to find the game & it will display the name & number you see in my first example as it would be listed on the backup hdd,unless you redo your game path by putting the name of the game in front of the number,however it will require major abbreviation to fit in the 360 dual pane file manager,yeah been there done that didn't work the way i wanted