RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
DDjusD

[Aurora] Plugin or something to load games from ODDE (xKey)

I was thinking it would be great to be able to launch games from an ODDE (like xKey) using Aurora. This would be a great feature for people like me who have a dual NAND console but don't want to have a copy of the game on the internal hard drive and the xKey external hard drive (absolute waste of space). This would also allow xKey users to manage TU's, view covers, screenshots, trailers, synopsis, etc in Aurora which you would previously need a second XEX or GOD format copy on the internal/external hard drive to do. The only other option would be to manage TUs by hand on the RGH side which is a pain in the ass.

The way I see it, all you would have to do is have a double sided male USB (one end into the xKey USB hub and one end into the Xbox 360) and then collaborate with the xKey team by using the same code as their remote to get ISO names and send the commands to mount the games for launch. Since I don't think xKey reads info like TitleID or MediaID from the ISOs a workaround would have to be decided on. Maybe prefix/suffix the ISOs with this: TITLEID-MEDIAID

Basically this would allow xKey users to only have a single ISO copy of the game (for both retail and RGH) and still be able to manage TUs, view covers, screenshots, etc in Aurora on the RGH side. This would have no effect for how you use the xKey on the retail side (obviously). Using ISOMenu or DVDMenu isn't really a smart decision because Microsoft can detect if you use either of these on retail side (you can read a lot about it on their forums). Turning this setting on and off every time you change NANDs would also be a big pain in the ass.

And no, we're NOT planning on adding this...

Then go ahead and close the thread. No point in keeping it open if you aren't going to add it. Either way I'm still going to use Aurora whether I have to have two copies of a game to use its features or not. It would just be a lot better if I only needed to have one copy to use aurora in my setup.

Edited to include more information and whatnot.

If I remember correctly, the xkey has its own wireless card for this, and doesnt get commands from the xbox via uart, or anything, so this would complicate this if for some reason you are in an area without a network connection, it wouldnt work. it is un fortunate, but I dont see this coming.

Cant you use the filemanager to load the games? Why webUI? And why dont you simply extract the games?

The games would be in ISO format so as to be emulated as a disc and would be unable to be launched. The webUI was the only thing I could think of as a way for a plugin to interact with the xKey. I already have most games in GOD format on the internal drive as well as ISO format for the xKey but I would like to not have to have two copies of each game.

If I remember correctly, the xkey has its own wireless card for this, and doesnt get commands from the xbox via uart, or anything, so this would complicate this if for some reason you are in an area without a network connection, it wouldnt work. it is un fortunate, but I dont see this coming.

I realize it wouldn't work without a wireless connection but if that happens, you could always still launch the game through the xKey remote.

And you would still have to have both formats and twice copied. I see you want to boost up the launching but using webUI is more a slowdown. I dont know if you are able to run Aurora while you are in emulator mode. If it is possible it may be possible to built iso launch possibilities into Auroras filemanager. I even would try to research if launching isos is possible on Aurora without any ODE. May be possible.

What you did not think about it is when you use Aurora or its WebUI you are in RGH mode. You still would not be able to play on live.

But i know you just dont want to copy twice. Still if you want to play with xkey on aurora it doss not make sense for me. Maybe its possible to built in an archiver that can extract the iso or "mount" the isos or have a ODE iso launcher in the filemanager. That would be a cooler idea. The WebUI is lower priorized and it would not be the focus to have a change. Aurora has to be extended for this. In this case technically you will have to continue having separated files. Isos for xk3y and GOD or extracted for Aurora.

And you would still have to have both formats and twice copied. I see you want to boost up the launching but using webUI is more a slowdown. I dont know if you are able to run Aurora while you are in emulator mode. If it is possible it may be possible to built iso launch possibilities into Auroras filemanager. I even would try to research if launching isos is possible on Aurora without any ODE. May be possible.

What you did not think about it is when you use Aurora or its WebUI you are in RGH mode. You still would not be able to play on live.

But i know you just dont want to copy twice. Still if you want to play with xkey on aurora it doss not make sense for me. Maybe its possible to built in an archiver that can extract the iso or "mount" the isos or have a ODE iso launcher in the filemanager. That would be a cooler idea. The WebUI is lower priorized and it would not be the focus to have a change. Aurora has to be extended for this. In this case technically you will have to continue having separated files. Isos for xk3y and GOD or extracted for Aurora.

I think you are misunderstanding how ODDEs work. It is basically an imaginary disc in the drive. You would only need one copy if they were to somehow implement a way to launch the games from Aurora. You can launch disc based games in Aurora from the "Launch DVD" button in the back menu so you should be able to launch xKey games by loading the game and then pressing the "Launch DVD" button. If they were to make a way to have an Aurora entry that when used the xKey webUI (not Aurora) entry for the game is launched (mounting the game) then automatically "Launch DVD" then it should work.

The hard drive plugged into the xKey has the ISOs on it and is only visible by the xKey. The xKey emulates the game. The console will see what ever game is being emulated on retail or RGH. Add the wireless adapter for xKey and now Aurora will be able to see what is shown on the webUI and interface with it (I think but I'm not a programmer so I don't know exactly how this would work). Aurora can manage TUs from Unity based on user input information (Media ID which would ideally be user select able since I don't think the xKey webUI shows this information). On the retail side this wouldn't matter much because the game will always automatically install the latest TU from live servers however on an RGH you have to download TUs manually.

That is what I am hoping for with a plugin like this. To no longer have to have two copies of the game and to be able to have covers, synopsis info, TU management, etc. while still loading the games from the xKey and having all of the amazing Aurora features.

The discs you can launch with "launch DvD" are not in ISO formats. They get mounted i guess. It would be more interesting to implement a mounting or extracting possibility to Aurora itself.

Anyway i didnt know you ment xkey webui. (Maybe we should name the WebUi of the devices/applications additionally)

Well you will have to use a smartphone or PC to have access. That is still annoying sometimes. Sometimes for me a console consists of a controller only. Its annoying to run to the PC if you cant do it with your console. But there is also i little bit lazyness in the air.

I Don't see this comming, however... WebUI wouldn't be a good choice to use... it'd be better to use the ISOMenu feature if anything... hell, you can even use the DVDMenu and not use Aurora at all... but this requires updating every time you add a new game...

The discs you can launch with "launch DvD" are not in ISO formats. They get mounted i guess. It would be more interesting to implement a mounting or extracting possibility to Aurora itself.

Anyway i didnt know you ment xkey webui. (Maybe we should name the WebUi of the devices/applications additionally)

Well you will have to use a smartphone or PC to have access. That is still annoying sometimes. Sometimes for me a console consists of a controller only. Its annoying to run to the PC if you cant do it with your console. But there is also i little bit lazyness in the air.

The problem with mounting/extracting ISO's from Aurora is the filesystem(s) the only one that'd support 4GB+ files is Samba... and if you're using Samba you could just as well do it on your computer instead ;) mounting it won't be that easy either... you'd have to override the DVD drive behaviour... which isn't an easy task...

• Like 1

This is all entirely laziness lol. The plugin would handle all of the work with the xKey webUI for mounting and launching games. All we would have to do is a little extra work in the original setup of the games through this method since I don't think Aurora would be able to detect the media IDs of the ISOs on the xKey hard drive. Everything after that would be the same optional prep work you already do (downloading TUs, changing covers, renaming, etc).

One workaround to that I could think of is prefixing the game ISOs on the xKey hard drive with the Tittle ID and Media ID or something of the sort.

Example: TITLEID-MEDIAID GAMENAME.iso

Example: 41560914-4FA17C64 Call of Duty Advanced Warfare.iso

Getting the info would be as simple as running the game through abgx360 (which you should already do if using xKey) and writing it down/copying it.

I Don't see this comming, however... WebUI wouldn't be a good choice to use... it'd be better to use the ISOMenu feature if anything... hell, you can even use the DVDMenu and not use Aurora at all... but this requires updating every time you add a new game...

Alright, webUI was just the only thing I could think of. If you plan to bring an xKey online you should avoid using ISOMenu and DVDMenu because they can be detected hence using the remote or webUI when on retail.

And when you are on retail there is no Aurora or any iso launcher anywhere.

So the only possible thing would be to built in a launcher into Aurora if you want to have both combined. And there is the cut. Dual nand with xk3y. You will only be able to use iso games on your external drive because xkey does only iso files. All you have to do is Hoping for a launcher implementation. We have elf, xex, god, xbe and retroarch, so why not iso files only in combination with an ODE? That would be the only way to solve this topic :p

Doubt it like the sense of combine xkey and dual nand.

And when you are on retail there is no Aurora or any iso launcher anywhere.

So the only possible thing would be to built in a launcher into Aurora if you want to have both combined. And there is the cut. Dual nand with xk3y. You will only be able to use iso games on your external drive because xkey does only iso files. All you have to do is Hoping for a launcher implementation. We have elf, xex, god, xbe and retroarch, so why not iso files only in combination with an ODE? That would be the only way to solve this topic :p

Doubt it like the sense of combine xkey and dual nand.

Well the way I was thinking was on retail, I would have to get up to put in discs anyway so I can just get up and use the remote and the latest TU would always install automatically but since there is great things like Aurora and FSD that allow you to see the game cover and choose TUs that have to be manually installed, why not have both *queue mexican music* lol but seriously most people have a constant access to internet so that shouldn't really be a problem. Other than that I'm sure some collaboration between the xKey team and the Aurora team could result in something as simple as using a double sided USB (one into the xKey hub, and one in the Xbox) that would allow interaction between the two.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, the remote plugs into the hub so if you had the right code you should be able to do what the remote does using a double sided USB cable to send the same commands the remote would send.

Alright, webUI was just the only thing I could think of. If you plan to bring an xKey online you should avoid using ISOMenu and DVDMenu because they can be detected hence using the remote or webUI when on retail.

Why would that even matter when using Aurora? detect or not doesn't matter in Aurora... besides, what are they gonna detect? fast disc switching? tell the xk3y team to add a random timer or something for the disc swap and microsoft can't detect shit...

Why would that even matter when using Aurora? detect or not doesn't matter in Aurora... besides, what are they gonna detect? fast disc switching? tell the xk3y team to add a random timer or something for the disc swap and microsoft can't detect shit...

I was talking about DVDMenu and ISOMenu. They can be detected by Microsoft and get your console banned. If you are on a dual NAND system you can't have it turn on and off that feature with the NAND switching. You would have to change the settings on the xKey manually every time which is a pain. Also, that's fine. I was just hoping for it because it would be a cool feature and get rid of the need for a copy of each game in both formats.