Sign in to follow this  
gavin_darkglider

ftp errors

Everytime I try to transfer files to my xbox, i keep getting errors like

Command:    OPTS UTF8 ON
Response:    502 Command not found

Command:    APPE kam.lvl
Error:    Critical file transfer error after transferring 207,270 bytes in 1 second

It is doing this with any file that is more then a couple MB. Not sure if this is a bug with aurora, but I never got these mesages using FSD, and thought it should be mentioned. Also if anyone knows a fix, that would be nice also. FYI I am using FileZilla as a ftp client, not that that should matter.

Everytime I try to transfer files to my xbox, i keep getting errors like

Command:    OPTS UTF8 ON

Command:    APPE kam.lvl

Error:    Critical file transfer error after transferring 207,270 bytes in 1 second

It is doing this with any file that is more then a couple MB. Not sure if this is a bug with aurora, but I never got these mesages using FSD, and thought it should be mentioned. Also if anyone knows a fix, that would be nice also. FYI I am using FileZilla as a ftp client, not that that should matter.

Files > 250MB usually get this kind of problem, Aurora's FTP for some reason closes the connection, when this happens Filezilla tries to start from where it was last... but, neither Aurora's nor FSD's FTP support "APPE" which is "Append"... so... it fails... for FTP use FSD's or Dashlaunch's FTP...

I think you can not go to the game folder if it is with great name. (Ex: Grand Theft Auto V <- will not pass, u got to put GTAV <--- name it passes folder). ie the folder name may not have room, or big names. Sorry my eglesh,     I'm just trying to help in some way :)

I think you can not go to the game folder if it is with great name. (Ex: Grand Theft Auto V <- will not pass, u got to put GTAV <--- name it passes folder). ie the folder name may not have room, or big names. Sorry my eglesh,     I'm just trying to help in some way :)

Spaces should work, if it doesn't... we'll have to fix it...

Not having a problem with spaces. Actually, It isnt even that big of a game, It was the original Starwars BattleFront, I found a copy on an old computer I had from my Original Xbox days, and Figured it would be fun to play again. Unfortunatly, I have no idea what I did with the disc, as I havnt played it since I broke my old xbox in 2007. lol.  I think I will pull out a flash drive later and try copying it that way, as yesterday I spent 5 hours and only successfully copied 500MB out of 2.2 GB. Talk about a waste of time.