RealModScene
Shuraim Ahmet

Weird sound problem on hdmi port.

Hey Swizzy, I had been plugging my box via hdmi for a couple of months now and it was working fine until yesterday when sound is like coming and going every now and then and I have noticed sound is fine when I power on xbox but after a minute or so it dissapears. I checked my hdmi cable on my laptop and it worked fine but the problem seems to be when I plug it in my xbox although I'm not having a single issue with the picture quality on any resolution so port maybe fine too. What else could be wrong here.

Edit: my tv specs are:

Hd ready, 1920*1068 res, hdmi 1.3

Could the that the audio pins are having crappy connections, or your console/tv is on their way to break...

It's fixed now... I tuned on my xbox before turning on the tv and then when I turned on the tv it showed a blank screen and then everything was fine..Lets see how well it works in the future. :)

Hey guys for anyone who's having the same problem here's a fix. go to your xbox settings I mean in xbox original dash and not dashlaunch and fsd/aurora... then go to display and finally to display discovery and there disable it if it's enabled... it will prompt u for restart select yes and then u'll be good... also u may have to select the "dolby digital audio 5.1" in the audio settings coz i did it and it worked. :)

And JPizzle and scorpNZ I'm thinking about directing my posts about future troubles to u too along with Swizzy. ;)

• Like 1