RealModScene
keithkeithkeith

using dvd extract for multi-disc games - quick question (i think :)

To me, there's two types of multi-disc games, right? There's the type like Dead Space 2 that has two discs for the actual game and then there's a game like Borderlands game of the year edition which has two discs as well but if I'm not mistaken, one disc is the game and the other is the dlc. What I'm getting at is when installing these games (i'm using dvd extract in fsd with original game discs), do I set the game paths up the same for both types of these multi-disc games? Example would be - USB0/Xbox 360 Games/Dead Space 2/Disc 1 + USB0/Xbox 360 Games/Dead Space 2/Disc 2. - USB0/Xbox 360 Games/Borderlands/Disc 1 + USB0/Xbox 360 Games/Borderlands/Disc 2. I mean, I understand Dead Space 2 should work correctly when set up like this, but will the Borderlands game of the year edition dlc content on disc 2 be accessed as well when set up like this? Only reason I'm asking this question is because I've read that the dlc must be saved onto the actual xbox 360 hard drive or something (but maybe that's when it's actually downloaded from xbox live? i don't know) and it's kind of confused me. So I've been asking myself, do I set the game path like I showed above for both types or should I be saving the dlc disc(s) in another location? I have the xbox 360 slim 4gb system and am running everything from a 2tb external usb hard drive. One last question, assuming that I can set game paths per example above for both multi-disc game types, when they show up in my xbox 360 games list as two games, does the hit "Y"/move to/nowhere or blank thing work to eliminate seeing two game/covers for one game without any problems?

To the last question,hit start to make sure game starts on the game select screen then yes you can y the rest to nowhere

multi disc games are just that a game spanned across more than 1 disc as it won't fit on just one,

dlc isn't a game therefore your search was correct & requires an internal hdd or MU,the guides/tutorial section would've shown this i would've thought

2nd & 3rd to last post

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/running-dlc-from-external-hard-drive.301745/

lastly youtube is a good source for fast instructional info unless it's by a dipstick

To answer all your questions quickly and easily regarding this:

Install the DLC disc from the disc itself (don't copy it to your harddrive with FSD) if it's this type of disc... otherwise, just put them like you mentioned:

Game\Disc1 Content...

Game\Disc2\Disc2 Content...

There's actually 3 types of Multi Disk games tho... there's DLC Installers/Extra Data Installers [most GOTY and for instance GTA V and Forza 3/4] there's the usual one "Story continues on the next disc" [Most multidisc RPG games are like this] and the last type; Single/Multiplayer discs some of these might have a installation on the multiplayer disc required for the single player disc tho...

• Like 1