RealModScene
Icomefromfrance

RGH install, solid red light

I have a CR3 Lite Corona V6 install.  I am using the cpu reset as I lifted a pad for the  R4p4 area.  No matter what I do I get a solid red light.  What do I need to check?  I am using the post fix adapter v2 as well.  Just need the cpu key :)

I have a CR3 Lite Corona V6 install.  I am using the cpu reset as I lifted a pad for the  R4p4 area.  No matter what I do I get a solid red light.  What do I need to check?  I am using the post fix adapter v2 as well.  Just need the cpu key :)

First step: remove the CR3 Lite and restore the NAND, if you're still having problems, you need to repair the trace for the R4P4 area pad you lifted...

I'd recommend asking someone to help you with that tho, so you don't cause more damage then has already been done...

I took everything off and flashed my stock nand back.  Still solid Red Dot.  What trace can I try to fix here?  I know how to solder just need to know what trace to repair.

I took everything off and flashed my stock nand back.  Still solid Red Dot.  What trace can I try to fix here?  I know how to solder just need to know what trace to repair.

The one that you broke?

The pad is lifted which is why I assume it's got the solid red dot.  It seems I can solder to another place to fix this?

Because i still don't know what pad you lifted exactly, i can't really help you fix it... but... seeing as you mentioned cpu_rst it's probably one of the alternative cpu_rst's you pulled, and they're stringed together by a trace that must be complete, otherwise the console don't work... (as you've noticed)

So, take some pictures of your damaged pad, and i can help you determine how to fix it...

But; again... i strongly recommend you leave your console to someone with a bit more experience then yourself, chances are you might just as well cause even more damage, damage that can't be fixed without replacing the whole board if you're really unlucky...

I have done about 20 RGH consoles so I am not worried :)  This is the first 360E I have done.  The issue is with the R4P4.  I guess the cool runner I got was fake too :(

So like you said to do.  I removed everything and still get the red dot of death so I am hoping I can repair the pad to get it back to life, then possibly start over.  

post-15774-0-55562100-1412534145_thumb.jpg

post-15774-0-11902700-1412534159_thumb.jpg

post-15774-0-99775000-1412534159_thumb.jpg

post-15774-0-98534700-1412534160_thumb.jpg

post-15774-0-82884500-1412534178_thumb.jpg

post-15774-0-37189700-1412534180_thumb.jpg

Precisely what i figured... ok... you'll have to map the cpu_rst to the second alternative point...

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21737&d=1382369548 <--- in this picture you'll see the cpu_rst you have to map the one you've put the cpu_rst wire to... hopefully this is the only damage you've caused, so... start by doing that, and if you still have issues i'll look closer at your pictures to see if i can spot any other potential disaster areas...

I have everything disconnected.  Do I need the cpu reset or is there another way to wire?  what do I wire from the point  in the picture since I have it disconnected.

The via (point/pad) in the picture i linked to needs to be connected to the point you used for cpu_rst, since you broke the pad that is in the middle between them, you have to fix that by pulling a wire between them instead

the pad that is broken is the one i mentioned.  how do you solder a wire between them?  to the trace?  which trace?

Seriously? http://team-xecuter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21737&d=1382369548 this and cpu_rst you need me to hold your hand aswell? get a grip man! i've told you EXACTLY what you need to do... now go do it, or get a professional to do it for you, you're clearly not as skilled as you say you are ;)

I understand that end.  I was actually about the other end to solder.  I removed the CPU_rst part so how can I solder to something that doesn't exist?

Where did you solder it to on the motherboard? i'm not telling you to solder it to the chip... i'm telling you to do so on the motherboard... how hard is this to understand?

You only show one solder point in the picture.  One blue wire that's it, one end.  When you point this out I'm probably going to feel like an idiot.  BTW, I will donate once this is fixed ;)

You only show one solder point in the picture.  One blue wire that's it, one end.  When you point this out I'm probably going to feel like an idiot.  BTW, I will donate once this is fixed ;)

The image i linked to shows the point that needs to be connected to the point you soldered to in the image named "IMG_2667.JPG"

post-16724-14126211169035_thumb.jpg

U need to solder like this pic instead of your old one

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

the pad that is broken is the one i mentioned. how do you solder a wire between them? to the trace? which trace?

Just use single coper wire like your hair for fixing your damaged one

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1412621152934.jpg

U need to solder like this pic instead of your old one

Just use single coper wire like your hair for fixing your damaged one

Just using this point instead of the one under the XCGPU isn't going to solve the problem... fixing the trace will fix the problem, and it's by far easier to use the one under the XCGPU then this alternative when using 2 cables ;)

Just using this point instead of the one under the XCGPU isn't going to solve the problem.. it's by far easier to use the one under the XCGPU then this alternative when using 2 cables ;)

Hoo k,,,

fixing the trace will fix the problem,

But He still didn't fix that trace

I am fucking retarded LOL.  I'll try that tonight.  If this boots, is there a chance I can still RGH with the damaged pad?

If it boots, you can still RGH the console, but... it might not be easy to make it boot reasonably fast... but, during the repairs i recommend not having the chip installed and running retail nand (the one you dumped before starting install) once it works with your original you can start the chip install again as you'll know that any new problem that arrives is likely caused by the chip rather then having to guess that it's etheir that or something else...

just bumping.  where do I solder since C5r11 is lifted?

Sorry, i'm not sure which point you're meaning... is it the one under the processor? if so; you'll have to remove the XCGPU to fix the trace from there i believe...

Right now I am soldering FT3T10  to the trace at C5R11 which is under the processor.  I did that but still get a red dot of death.

On another note, who here is in the states that can fix and get me the CPU key?  I may just want to ship it to you guys ;)