RealModScene
coheedtheslayer

What did I do to my Dashboard/Games??

Hi everyone, I was hoping I could get some help here. I have an Xbox 360 with RGH installed, I had it done about a year ago and I didnt have any issues until the other day when I tried installing some DLC content. I put the DLC on a flash drive and tried to install it but before I did that, my save games were all missing somehow from my Xbox so I tried copying over the conent to another drive while on the regular Xbox 360 dashboard, I became impatient so I cancelled it and thought I was deleting it off of my Xbox hard drive but apparently I was deleting all of the games and everything else I had on my 1 TB external Hard drive. I lost 900GB of content on this day. I have been using EASUS data recovery to recover the games that I had lost and somehow It actually let me recover all of them. I have been spending 3 days copying over the games to my external HD and I finally have all of them on there now. I am on my FSD and I try getting it to scan for all of my games but it doesnt actually scan the games and when I go to the XBOX 360 Games tab, it shows 18 Games which is actually 6 games with 3 duplicates each, when I attempt to play any of them it gives me the error message:  " The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again. "

I am not sure if I accidentally deleted something I wasnt supposed to or if I screwed up my dashboard? I even tried deleting my Xbox 360 games folder and moving the games into another folder on the external HD.

I have never updated FSD so here is what I am working with:

Dash Version: 3.0b Rev483

Kernal Version 2.0.16537.0

Skin Name: Default.xzp

Skin Version :3.0b Rev483

Im not sure if it matters but my clock never changes from Tue,22 Nov 2005

I would really appreciate some help if anyone knows what I can do in this situation.

Thanks in advance!!!

It's probably corrupt data for the games, or filenames aren't what they're supposed to be...

The clock issue is kinda normal, but it doesn't matter, maybe one or 2 games check date/time for certain events in your savegames etc. but... normally it doesn't matter... even retail consoles that aren't connected to the internet will lose track of time ;)

I had some brand new games put on there today and they still wont show up. I have checked my paths and set them to a depth of 2. I have another hard drive that I am going to turning into an external HD on thursday, I thought about reformatting that one and trying one of the old games and one of the new ones on it and seeing what happens. What is the best way of reformatting an external HD to FAT32? The Xbox will rescan and rescan right now and wont add any of the old games or any of the new ones, and I just finished updating dashboard to the newest one just a few minutes ago hoping it would help.

Also what do you mean about the file names not being what they need to be?

Set clock manually if you don't connect to net or have not setup LiNK,as Swizzy mentioned it doesn't matter either way..

format to fat32 anyhow you like; me i use windows & minitool partition wizard,if you have easeus partiton manager you can use that or if you don't want to install even more software use gparted on a cd or thumb drive will do ;get it from (distrowach.com) or just download any small linux os & you can format from there once it's burned to cd from distrowatch..

use a fresh copy of fsd place it anywhere you want,navigate to it thru file manager,boot it up & setup paths from there & see what happens if it works in that case if it was me i'd dump the old corrupted dash & start a fresh

yeah i'm not sure what he means by file names apart from the recovered games;apart from metadata of the files not being correct when they were recovered or the names have changed when they were deleted;normally deleted data is still there & intact (so long as no writes are done on that drive)all that happens when deleting is the space that was taken up is marked as free,it doesn't get overwritten until free space is required by a write of new data so your old data will still be there,however fat32 ain't exactly a great file system like ntfs especially when it gets full..

when it comes to data recovery i don't use easeus i have in the past however i didn't feel it was good as getdataback for fat32,i can't tell you where to get it for free however if that can't recover it nothing will

lastly & this goes for your pc backup backup backup always have a 2nd & even better a 3rd copy of any games or data you CAN'T afford too loose