RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
TheExecutter

Disc Ripping

Hi, so today i ripped games from my discs (i used Xexmenu and the dvd extract function), and some games were ripped faster, some slower, and when i wanted to play Mini Ninjas, i noticed that the cutscene at the start didnt work, it just skipped it, while on the disc it did show it... any help? i cant check every single game becouse i ripped about 50 of them... is there an easier way i can check with??

The time it takes to extract a DVD depends of course on the actual size of the contents and also on the number of files. However, I have never heard of Mini Ninjas and I also don't know how to solve your problem. But I don't think it is a problem at all. Just try out two or three more games and if you can play them, be happy. ;) 

If no other games work, I suggest you install F3 and extract the DVD from there.

Hi, so today i ripped games from my discs (i used Xexmenu and the dvd extract function), and some games were ripped faster, some slower, and when i wanted to play Mini Ninjas, i noticed that the cutscene at the start didnt work, it just skipped it, while on the disc it did show it... any help? i cant check every single game becouse i ripped about 50 of them... is there an easier way i can check with??

The only way to check them is to redo the process or by getting an iso of the game and comparing the contents...

and as Mith said, it's etheir fast or slow, it all depends on the game, a game with many small files will take longer then a game of the same size with few big files... the same goes between big vs. small games, smaller games == faster extraction just like on your computer when you copy files from one place to another...

Ill try ripping it again, i do not use F3 (i use Aurora, its just amazin), so ill try if it works now, it is strange however

Ripping it again seems to not help... Ill try with FSD now...

Ok, so FSD3 doesnt even RIP it, it just freezes at some point, so the disc must be damaged, but if i play from the disc it works...

Ok, so FSD3 doesnt even RIP it, it just freezes at some point, so the disc must be damaged, but if i play from the disc it works...

If I were you, I would search for a download of an iso of the game instead. You already own the game so I don't think it would be illegal. That way, you are sure the game works as it should. But remember that it may be hard for you to find such a rare game online.

If I were you, I would search for a download of an iso of the game instead. You already own the game so I don't think it would be illegal. That way, you are sure the game works as it should. But remember that it may be hard for you to find such a rare game online.

It's not rare, i can find 5 versions within a few seconds... however, only 1 of them had ppl seeding it

Anyways, i think i might have this game myself aswell on my old computer... it's a childrens game

It's not rare, i can find 5 versions within a few seconds... however, only 1 of them had ppl seeding it

Anyways, i think i might have this game myself aswell on my old computer... it's a childrens game

Nice. It reminds me of those games that can be played in the sweets corner of the movie theater. ^_^