RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
maormagori

Help translating FSD skin.

First of all I'm sorry if I'll have any typos, English is not my main language.

Hello! I started translating fsd skin yesterday with Xuitt 2 and I noticed that every time that the amount of characters in the original text is lower than the translated one the numbers turn red (see pic). I wanted to know if this will cause a problem and if so will it cause a problem if the amount of characters in the translated text will be lower than the original text?

Untitled.png

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

hey maormagori listen i've allready translated fsd skin to hebrew using xuitt

but there was a problem after i finished translate the entire skin and tested it i realised

that in 50% of the cases the hebrew characters simply shown as question marks "??????????"

when i asked in another forum about a solution i've been told that the only way to fix it is to replace the console

original font files from the "nand" something i abviosly didn't really wanted to do, and i simply forgot about it for about a year or so...

but i have no problem to upload the translated .xls of xuitt and even the finished and compiled skin.

if there is some developer in this forum that will be agree to help us solve this problem in more conviniet way (without modify\replace M$ original files\Fonts)

i guess that for me the ultimate solution will be some modification to fsd to make him work with an external font (hebrew supported font)

instead of rely on M$ Fonts From the nand

hey maormagori listen i've allready translated fsd skin to hebrew using xuitt

but there was a problem after i finished translate the entire skin and tested it i realised

that in 50% of the cases the hebrew characters simply shown as question marks "??????????"

when i asked in another forum about a solution i've been told that the only way to fix it is to replace the console

original font files from the "nand" something i abviosly didn't really wanted to do, and i simply forgot about it for about a year or so...

but i have no problem to upload the translated .xls of xuitt and even the finished and compiled skin.

if there is some developer in this forum that will be agree to help us solve this problem in more conviniet way (without modify\replace M$ original files\Fonts)

i guess that for me the ultimate solution will be some modification to fsd to make him work with an external font (hebrew supported font)

instead of rely on M$ Fonts From the nand

Should be enough to just replace the font... but it depends on how the skin has been made, in Aurora for instance you can replace fonts easily...

However, system parts doesn't work if the Xbox fonts don't support your glyphs

yep, i replaced the skin font and the fsd font, to hebrew supported font, but it simply wasn't enough, the fsd apparently using m$ font for some of his texts

and therefore those texts wasn't shows up as they supposed to be, my question is if there is any way to modify fsd files in a way that he will work only with the external fonts,

hypothetically speaking it wasn't supposed to be that hard you just need to find the line that include the path's to m$ fonts and change them to point an external font

in the fsd folder or hdd root or what ever, the only problem is that i have no clue how to do this if iv'e had, i was done it myself.

and about aurora, as fine as she looks, it seems that she is in her early stages, you dont have orginaized categories as you have in fsd, there is alot

of things that fsd have and i don't seems to find them in aurora, and beside to retranslate 1000 lines, isn't really my cup of tea (=

yep, i replaced the skin font and the fsd font, to hebrew supported font, but it simply wasn't enough, the fsd apparently using m$ font for some of his texts

and therefore those texts wasn't shows up as they supposed to be, my question is if there is any way to modify fsd files in a way that he will work only with the external fonts,

hypothetically speaking it wasn't supposed to be that hard you just need to find the line that include the path's to m$ fonts and change them to point an external font

in the fsd folder or hdd root or what ever, the only problem is that i have no clue how to do thism if iv'e had, i was done it myself

Send me your translated skin, and a screenshot of where the problem is at and i'll look into helping you fix it...

The better way is probably to translate Aurora tho... keep in mind that the Xbox UI ones will show up as []'s most likely (those that show with the keyboard and/or when an unhandled exception is detected)

apparently i can't even find the unicode version that half of the characters was shown up right, means that i'll had to reinstall xuitt and all he need's to work and recompile my skin. or maybe i was worng and even in unicode it wasn't showd up at all??

for some reason i remember that some of the text worked fine but i can't seems to find this version

maybe by the end of the week i'll reinstall xb-Sdk and Xuitt and recheck this thing i have the .xls

files which i translated to hebrew i just don't find the right compiled skin

and about aurora, as fine as she looks, it seems that she is in her early stages, you dont have orginaized categories as you have in fsd, there is alot

of things that fsd have and i don't seems to find them in aurora, and beside to retranslate 1000 lines, isn't really my cup of tea (=

Aurora have Filters instead of Categories... these give you more control, in short it's better...