RealModScene
Shuraim Ahmet

RGH or Jtag

Hey guyz I've got a rgh 1 xbox. Recently I met an old friend who's got a jtagged one and he told me I've made a mistake and  I should have gone for jtag instead of rgh coz it is less likely to be affected by updates, faster and cheaper. So wat u guyz reckon I should do lke remain on rgh 1 or switch to jtag. I have a phat falcon.

Cheerz 

If you already have an RGH, stick with it.  I don't think there's any reason to switch beyond boot times, what he said about less likely to be  affected by updates is totally bogus.

If you already have an RGH, stick with it.  I don't think there's any reason to switch beyond boot times, what he said about less likely to be  affected by updates is totally bogus.

Thanx mate 

Hey guyz I've got a rgh 1 xbox. Recently I met an old friend who's got a jtagged one and he told me I've made a mistake and  I should have gone for jtag instead of rgh coz it is less likely to be affected by updates, faster and cheaper. So wat u guyz reckon I should do lke remain on rgh 1 or switch to jtag. I have a phat falcon.

Cheerz

JTAG doesn't work on updated consoles, any Falcon updated past 2.0.7371.0 or that has been in for service after june 2009 or something like that isn't going to support JTAG, for those you have to run RGH, RGH 2.0 or R-JTAG, RGH 1 is better then RGH 2.0, so is R-JTAG, but like moses said, there's no point in replacing the hack once it's installed... atleast not when you have RGH 1, if you had RGH 2.0 and it was giving you headaches (not working correctly) i'd have recommended that you had replaced it with R-JTAG which is the only thing supported on phats with dashboards 14717 or above, or consoles with split cb (other then RGH 2.0 that is, but it's like i said crappy)

JTAG doesn't work on updated consoles, any Falcon updated past 2.0.7371.0 or that has been in for service after june 2009 or something like that isn't going to support JTAG, for those you have to run RGH, RGH 2.0 or R-JTAG, RGH 1 is better then RGH 2.0, so is R-JTAG, but like moses said, there's no point in replacing the hack once it's installed... atleast not when you have RGH 1, if you had RGH 2.0 and it was giving you headaches (not working correctly) i'd have recommended that you had replaced it with R-JTAG which is the only thing supported on phats with dashboards 14717 or above, or consoles with split cb (other then RGH 2.0 that is, but it's like i said crappy)

Thanx Swizzy I've got rgh 1 and apart from boot delay sometimes it is pretty much ok but wat extra benefits u get by having r-jtag.

Thanx Swizzy I've got rgh 1 and apart from boot delay sometimes it is pretty much ok but wat extra benefits u get by having r-jtag.

There are no real benefits with having R-JTAG over RGH 1

The one advantage i can think of is that you get post monitoring without having to solder 8 wires that go out from your console seeing as a R-JTAG chip uses a FFC connected to those 8 points and give you a "speed connector" as you might call it on the chip to hook you up to those 8 points ;) this is really only useful if you have issues with your console booting or if you want to optimize the startup times as you can see what's happening while booting, where it's glitching etc... however, this isn't something that the average user will understand tho ;)

There are no real benefits with having R-JTAG over RGH 1

The one advantage i can think of is that you get post monitoring without having to solder 8 wires that go out from your console seeing as a R-JTAG chip uses a FFC connected to those 8 points and give you a "speed connector" as you might call it on the chip to hook you up to those 8 points ;) this is really only useful if you have issues with your console booting or if you want to optimize the startup times as you can see what's happening while booting, where it's glitching etc... however, this isn't something that the average user will understand tho ;)

This means I should stick with RGH 1... Thanx mate :)

Apart from that if you have a slim or ultra slim version JTAG is not supported.Only RGH work with slim versions

Apart from that if you have a slim or ultra slim version JTAG is not supported.Only RGH work with slim versions

In which case it's both RGH 1 (for trinity atleast) and RGH 2, they're pretty much identical... For corona it's always RGH 2