RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
TheExecutter

I want to buy a new internal HDD

Hey guys, so I wanna buy a new internal HDD for my XBLA games and i have some questions. 1. Which size should I take? 500GB or 1TB? 2. Will I be able to use the whole 1 TB or 500 GB for XBLA games?

THank you

1. Which ever suites you the best, the standard case can handle 9.5mm high 2.5" sata harddrives... so if you go for 1TB make sure to get one that is 9.5mm and not bigger

2. You have a RGH/JTAG right? in that case, pretty much yes, a small ammount will be taken for other things... like HDDX and the HDDSYS partitions, but the majority of the space will be for content

But will 500GB be enough for XBLA and arcade games and such. Yes for RGH

Depends on how much you will be having, if you want to have ALL XBLA/DLC 1TB won't be enough etheir... (meaning, if you want every single XBLA title and all DLC for every game etc. etc.)

You'd have to think of how much you want, if you're not sure... go for the 1TB option as it'll let you store more then the 500GB one...

Can i get a 2TB internal hard drive?

i don't think there is a 2TB 2.5" SATA hdd which is 9.5mm or smaller ;)

Oh, ok. Ill just use the external one, and when the kids want to play it ill just leave it plugged in and say that they need to wait :D

If it doesn't boot within 5 minutes, it's not going to happen... so... they need to try again if it takes >= 5 minutes and nothing happens