RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
TheExecutter

New HDD problem

So Ive got a new external drive, its a toshiba 1TB 3,5'' Stor.e canvio. I pluged it in (first i formated it to FAT32) and it worked fine. Then I turned my console off and back on and it got stuck on the Xbox 360 logo screen. I turned it off and back on and it worked. But every second time I turn it off it does the same thing. It works if i unplug my hdd. What should I do?

Oh an I have a JTAG btw...

I have arround 20 games on it. Is it posible, that it just boots slower and i dont wait enough time?

Seriously, learn to use the edit button! :D

It's a "common" issue, your harddrive is basically getting stuck between the messages saying "Hi, my name is ... what's your name?" and the response from the console, meaning, it's waiting for the consoles response... and the console is waiting for that initial message...

It's not uncommon for RGH to have such issues especially when it comes to harddrives with external power sources...

It actually doesnt work now. What can I do?

Should i remove xbox 360 content of it? so the xbox doesnt meet with it. couse when i customize it it sais it dit it but doesnt meet requirements.

It actually doesnt work now. What can I do?

Plug your USB drive in after booting? get another usb drive that doesn't have these issues?

It was kindda expensive, so not a new one. Will the thing i sais up there work?

I don't think removing the Xbox 360 MU part (the USB Memory Unit thing) will make a difference, however... if you unplug your hdd while starting your console, then plug it in when your console is started, it should work...

It's one of those things that happen i'm afraid, you have RGH i'm guessing? during startup your console will reach the point multipile times where it tells the harddrive to start doing it's thing, the harddrive then does that while the console reboot again... the harddrive then get the same signal while it's busy causing it to ignore it... the console then waits for your harddrive to respond to that request, but because it was busy it ignored the request and the console stays waiting for something to happen...

What if I maybe try to set it up so it boots up in the stock dashboard?

The glitching is the reason it's having issues... booting to stock dash makes no difference ;)

So theres no other way than to get a new HDD? Should i get an internal or external?

Internal is better then external, it doesn't have this problem...

You can just unplug the harddrive during boot and then put it in the console once it's booted, that way you don't need a new harddrive ;)

i decided i will buy a new one. Should i get a WD or a Segate and can I get an HDD without external charging? They both support USB 3 and 2 so will it work?

hi there, just a quick update, i got it fixed. i bought a usb hub (picture bellow), plugged it into my xbox, then plug the hdd in the hub and it works...

usb_hub_2_0_1_4__crni_RG4007249784889.jp

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, might help others in the same situation :)