RealModScene
addernator

RGH xbox freezing, Please help

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on these forums so i apologize if this is in the wrong section.

I have been having a problem with my 360 ever since i started playing watchdogs, at first i thought it was a bad copy, so i re-downloaded and re-installed the game via ftp several times, the problem still persists, randomly the game will either start lagging really bad then freeze and i will have to manually unplug the xbox (dashboarding wont work) or it would immediatly fatal crash back to freestyle. At this point i Decided to play a couple of other games to see if the same thing happens, i found the problem with GTA 4 aswell but others didn't seem to be affected, however the freezing is very random and sometimes i can play for up to 2 hours before it freezes, sometimes only for 5 minutes, and i only tested each game for 30 minutes.

I then thought it may be an overheating problem so i opened it back up and left it bare with 2 very big fans over both gpu and cpu, the system never reaches more than 52 degrees on any value and it still freezes randomly, no correlation between temperatures and freezing points.

Anyone who has any ideas on what might be wrong or can think of anything i haven't tried yet i very much appreciate any help you can give me, i'm at my wits end and considering just buying another xbox and starting again. Thank you in advance smile1.gif

A full list of things i have tried is as follows:

Clearing the system cache
Clearing freestyle cache
Reinstalling game
Swapping to new HD and re-installed everything
Opened xbox, stuck 2 big fans ontop CPU and GPU 
Deleting 0000000000000000 in content (accept xexmenu)
Re-installed NAND and updating to 16747
Updated freestyle & dash launch 
Installed xbox $$ytemUpdate
launching the game directly from xexmenu and not loading freestyle at all

System Information:

Kernel - v16747 (used simple NAND flasher v1.2)
RGH Type - RGH 2
Chip - Cool Runner
Freestyle - v3.0.775
Xexmenu - v1.1 & v1.2
Dashlaunch - v3.12
Program used for ftp - Filezilla 3.8.1

@addernator:

You might be having issues because of the RGH2, i've experienced random freezing and whatnot with RGH 2 on phat consoles (Zephyr, Falcon and Jasper) a solution might be to switch to R-JTAG

It could also be caused by a random anomoly in the building of your nand, try rebuilding it 10 times and flashing the last image created, this has solved funky problems in the past, don't ask me why because i cannot explain it :/

Reflash again maybe your problem was solved

Sent from my Xperia Miro using Tapatalk

He already tried that

Follow my instruction maybe your problem was solved

Use New thermalpaste for your GPU and CPU

Set your fan speed to 75

May be u need reballing processes for your gbu nd cpu

Follow my instruction maybe your problem was solved

Use New thermalpaste for your GPU and CPU

Set your fan speed to 75

May be u need reballing processes for your gbu nd cpu

First i'd recommend replacing the chip with one that is known to be stable and not known to have this type of issues

Hardware failure isn't common when it comes to recently updating, it's more common to have image issues... and like i mentioned before, RGH 2 on a phat is not very stable, it does have this type of issues, it's a known fact... a console with these issues can often be solved by simply replacing the RGH 2 chip with a R-JTAG chip instead (this however also requires that you rewrite the nand for R-JTAG [JTAG with a Glitch patched SMC])

• Like 1

OP, you never told us if this was a phat or slim xbox. If it's a phat, I'm willing to bet that it's an issue with your gpu. I don't care how many fans you slap on-top of that thing, if it's a cold solder joint under the GPU, it will eventually freeze/red-ring on ya. Do you know which motherboard you have? You can find out with this diagram:

http://imgur.com/yy9k1iw