RealModScene
jeffmangum

Is it important to update your kernel/dash on Jtag?

Ive posted here about downloading latest TU and it didnt work for me. And someone said i should be on the latest dash/kernel which i thought was the FSD (cause im on the latest fsd i think) but turns out kernel is the original dashboard. (am i correct?)

So is it important to update it? If i wanna play newly released games and update titles, i should have the latest kernel? 

Is there a newly released kernel? Cause few months ago, i can successfully title update Black ops 2. And now i cant. Im thinking maybe just a few weeks ago, theres a new kernel released. 

Yes, you should always strive to have the latest dashlaunch, FSD and Xebuild kernals installed.  Don't just download the latest dashboard from microsoft and try and install it though, you'll brick your console.  There are many tutorials on this site that will teach you how to safely update your original dashboard.

XeBuild's update mode makes updating your console's kernel version a piece of cake!

It updates your console using LAN, so not only is it easier than ever, it is also a quick process.

The only thing you need to do is enable/launch UPDSERV on your console, execute one command and XeBuild will do the rest.

Generally speaking, if a new game (or a new game update) don't work, you need to update the kernel, other then that it's not really needed to have the latest version

Generally speaking, if a new game (or a new game update) don't work, you need to update the kernel, other then that it's not really needed to have the latest version

This is what i wanna know. Since I wanna play Watch Dogs. Im afraid it wont work but do you think that requires updating?

Also, does system link and title updates require updating too? 

Cause lately, i cant pass the ports on my system link. Also its hard to update my titles.

But I checked that i am in 16537 dashboard which was the update on Aug 2013. And the latest one was on Apr 2014. And on the whole month of april and may, i had no problems.

XeBuild's update mode makes updating your console's kernel version a piece of cake!

It updates your console using LAN, so not only is it easier than ever, it is also a quick process.

The only thing you need to do is enable/launch UPDSERV on your console, execute one command and XeBuild will do the rest.

Any tutorial for that? I googled a tutorial for updating kernel and it seems.. a little hard work. Even confusing than installing FSD. I dont wanna risk bricking my console. 

This is what i wanna know. Since I wanna play Watch Dogs. Im afraid it wont work but do you think that requires updating?

Also, does system link and title updates require updating too? 

Cause lately, i cant pass the ports on my system link. Also its hard to update my titles.

But I checked that i am in 16537 dashboard which was the update on Aug 2013. And the latest one was on Apr 2014. And on the whole month of april and may, i had no problems.

Any tutorial for that? I googled a tutorial for updating kernel and it seems.. a little hard work. Even confusing than installing FSD. I dont wanna risk bricking my console.

Watchdogs works on 16547, System LiNK updates require 16747... here's a link to what bl4k3y mentioned: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-freeboot-nand-update-tutorial/