RealModScene
tonymarraffa

Is there any way to mod the Xbox 360 Hacked Backwards Compatibility Update?

What do you mean? you want to run modded Xbox 1 Games? (classic xbox games)

If so; just install the hacked Xbox Backwards compatibility files to HDDX (read the thread for installing xbox backwards compatibility stuff for a RGH/JTAG) this however requires that you have such a console...

What do you mean? you want to run modded Xbox 1 Games? (classic xbox games)

If so; just install the hacked Xbox Backwards compatibility files to HDDX (read the thread for installing xbox backwards compatibility stuff for a RGH/JTAG) this however requires that you have such a console...

Thanks for the reply! :clover: But I meant like changing how much anti aliasing was applied to original Xbox games or software through the emulator.

i don't think that's possible, if it is you'd have to do it on your own by reversing the xex's and such for the xbox backwards comaptibility to add it... etheir way, you have to have a jtag or rgh console for it to work (as you'd have to break signatures and such)

yes and no to this one i will explain:

The original hacked emulator files were releaced by xorloser I believe (dont quote me on that tho) on the xbox hacker bbs to a select few friends he trusted for their own persional use only but it was leaked on the net by one of them that could of got him in a lot of trouble at the time and created a bit of a rift in the scene at the time also.

In this select release there was an unoficial front end that allowed you to set emulation options such as screen aspect resolution parental controls and change emulation profiles for games and the front end was not included as it could be tracked back to him.

This front end will never likely see the light of day many have asked but nothing has come of it and I believe.

you can change the game title id to that of another game to use another emulation profile in hoping said game that is not compatable may work better with another profile, the problem is you dont know which profile is used by which game, at one stage I compiled a list of emulation profiles to game titles but it only contained the 25 games i owned.

This front end patched in the title id's into the emulation binarys using a on the fly memory patching system i believe and was it's most usefull feature.

it would be nice if the new hud xui editor was used to patch these items in xbox titles this is a job for a skilled coder proficient in ppc assembly to reverse engineer as there is no source to the emulation binarys.

some of the binarys have video features enabled and other things disabled it depends on the title id of the game and the emulation profile in use.

• Like 2

The original hacked emulator files were releaced by xorloser I believe (dont quote me on that tho) on the xbox hacker bbs to a select few friends he trusted for their own persional use only but it was leaked on the net by one of them that could of got him in a lot of trouble at the time and created a bit of a rift in the scene at the time also.

In this select release there was an unoficial front end that allowed you to set emulation options such as screen aspect resolution parental controls and change emulation profiles for games and the front end was not included as it could be tracked back to him.

This front end will never likely see the light of day many have asked but nothing has come of it and I believe.

you can change the game title id to that of another game to use another emulation profile in hoping said game that is not compatable may work better with another profile, the problem is you dont know which profile is used by which game, at one stage I compiled a list of emulation profiles to game titles but it only contained the 25 games i owned.

This front end patched in the title id's into the emulation binarys using a on the fly memory patching system i believe and was it's most usefull feature.

it would be nice if the new hud xui editor was used to patch these items in xbox titles this is a job for a skilled coder proficient in ppc assembly to reverse engineer as there is no source to the emulation binarys.

some of the binarys have video features enabled and other things disabled it depends on the title id of the game and the emulation profile in use.

This is really interesting! I wish I knew how to code. :cry: Thanks for the reply!

:clover:  :clover:

Is there any chance you still have these emulation profiles? :clover:  :clover:

OK I found a list of original Xbox game title ids!!! How do you change the title id of a game to another games? :innocent:  :clover:

OK I found a list of original Xbox game title ids!!! How do you change the title id of a game to another games? :innocent:  :clover:

You can modify the XBE to change things like the game's title, ID, region, etc.

Hi, I saw this thread and modified the default.xbe from Castlevania: Curse of Darkness to run in 16:9 (I used Halo 2 Title ID) and it works!

You need to find the Title ID through a hex editor, it will be close to the name of it, by the number 0000180 or somethin', I'm not a expert on it

Hi, I saw this thread and modified the default.xbe from Castlevania: Curse of Darkness to run in 16:9 (I used Halo 2 Title ID) and it works!

You need to find the Title ID through a hex editor, it will be close to the name of it, by the number 0000180 or somethin', I'm not a expert on it

Thanks! :sorcerer: