RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous

How to start my gaming carrier

I'm interested making video games ,,,one day surely i'll achieve my milestone,,,I don't learn anything in my college life but I did learn many things from internet,,before i don't knw any thing abt console modification but nw I did modding rgh myself,,internet is my college.helpers is my teacher,,i have lot of scripts for video games ,,my feature video games no 1 ,project Osama ,this game is first person shooter abt Osama story,.no 2,vampire vs mike .no 3,assassin creed modern world ,,

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

You'll need to begin by learning programming, primarily with c/c++

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

You wont get far if you are searching for the easiest way.

You need time to lern coding, like learning a new language needs time.

You should order a book, if you dont just want to know some basics.

There are a huge ammount of ways to learn c/c++, thousands of books, thousands of videos and whatnot on youtube and other places, there is no "easy for all" way, it's probably best for you to find a video tutorial/book in your native language...

Like you i once wanted to make my own games, then i swayed from that idea and wanted to become a hacker (a system cracker, similar to what you see in movies), but now i'm more of a tool guy, i make my own software tools and fix other ppl's tools mostly, making games isn't easy.. it's actually quite difficult...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I worked in games for around 11 years, before giving it up for job security and decent pay and conditions. I started by volunteering to do testing for a local games company for free, that experience got me a full time QA job with a hardware manufacturer and I went from there. I mostly did QA but spent a few years as a designer and a couple of years as a producer. I know a good few people who took the same approach.

But I started 20 years ago, and things have changed a lot in that time. With the rise of the Indie Developer, I reckon your best bet would be to pick up one of the "game maker" type packages that are available and make your own game in your own time.

If you want to know about the theory of games design, there are plenty of sites out there to explore. I think GameDev is still going...

I will say, though, as with the music industry where not everyone can be Madonna, Katie Perry or the Rolling Stones, in the games industry, the chances of you working on a AAA million seller are slim. 90% of the time I spent in the industry involved working on games that were mediocre, at best.

• Like 3