RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
theraos

detected storage device change

Hi, im new to the community and i would like if anyone can help me, i bought a xbox 360 elite and then paid for the rgh, since then i use my hdd to play without problems but i dont know why, somestimes and more frequently if i let the game running without touching the controller, the console says the message "detected storage device change. refreshing mounted drives" and the game crashes if i go further or fails if i try to save (once it corrupted my save data) i supposed it could be an issue of the 60gb HDD (where my save data is) , so i remove it and let the game go on, but the problem pop up again, i will be very grateful for the help anyone can bring me, thanks in advance, bye.PD: excuse my english

Do you have any USB devices connected to your console? if so, try removing them and putting them back one after another, i'd guess one of them is maybe not getting enough power (if it's a HDD running only on USB for example)

• Like 1

i used the Y usb and turned off the "screensaver" option in the menu, and now it doesnt say the "detected storage device change. refreshing mounted drives" message, but still stop working, i checked every single option in the xbox configuration and the fsd, but nothing, i dont know what can be

are your games on an external USB HDD? If so, it sounds to me that the HDD is falling asleep due to inactivity. use the HDALIVE feature in dashlaunch. Read the information provided with dashlaunch and it will explain how to use it.

in my ignorance i tought it could be something like that, but i dont know nothing about it, where can i start looking to know how to enter de dashlaunch and its features?

in my ignorance i tought it could be something like that, but i dont know nothing about it, where can i start looking to know how to enter de dashlaunch and its features?

download dashlaunch (you'll find it on this forums) then you run the installer, it'll let you configure it aswell =)

• Like 1

okay, i activated the feature, but it still crashes, i will try tomorrow to select a lesser time with the hddalive feature

Make sure you set "hddalive" to true and set a time for "hddtimer" (the default is 210).

You also need to create and put an empty text file ("alive.txt") on your hard drive.

• Like 1

the text file must be locateed on the external HDD (games) or tue xbox hdd (saves) and on the root of it?

pd: when i save the changes on the dash launch i save them on the xbox hdd (saves) is it okay right? (i tried with the Tº on menu feature and it worked)

The "alive.txt" file needs to be on the USB harddrive (in the root of it) it'll be re-written with random data every # seconds (# beeing the number you set in HDDTimer)

It's fine to save the settings to etheir your internal HDD or the USB... it doesn't matter, what does matter is that you have the latest one in the correct order for it to be read by dashlaunch as the first option, the rest of them are ignored...

• Like 1

i created the alive.txt, aaaand, IT WORKED!, thanks you thanks you thanks you very much, now i can go to the bathroom without the fear of losing everything jajaja, im so glad i came to this forum, you were so kind to help me, hope this will be useful to more people, thanks again!