RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Mazz

Games are not showing up in the Lib

I have a moded Xbox 360 with freestyle  and external USB 1TB drive ( house 100 games).  No issue till recently when my kids told me that games are not showing anymore on the xbox.  After swapping the external HDD enclosure, Xbox was able to detect the USB drive and see the games under the usb drive.  However,  I can only see few games with  missing cover under Xbox 360/Arcade menus . Honestly, it looks like my kids missed up the settings on the xbox while trying to figure out why the games are not showing .  So I was wondering whether deleting/recreating the game paths, or clearing data(clear/reset FSD) would fix the issue, but I was not sure if either actions would blow away any of the games on the external HDD.

Game paths under content setting are showing the following items with scan depth set @ 3

Hdd1:$SystemUpdate

Hdd1:Content0000000000000000000000000000

Hdd1:mindex

Usb0:

Usb0:Games

Thanks for your help.

It's taking forever to delete any path ( sounds like process is hanging). Do I need to delete any entry in FSD file manager ?  Also what path do I need to recreate again ? . Sorry for asking one too many  Qs... as I'm newbie to this ordeal

I'd recommend that you launch XEXMenu, erase the "Data" folder and restart F3... this will re-create all the settings as if it was the first time you ran the app :)

once that is done, you of course have to setup all the paths again :)

How do I navigate to XEXMenu?

It depends on if you have it installed or not, most ppl don't...anyways, you can download this package: http://www.sendspace.com/file/n8ebly and extract the contents of it to a USB device formatted in FAT32, if you launch the console with this attatched it'll autostart XEXMenu from the usb for you ;)

Hey buddy,

I have managed to erase the Data folder via  FSD and delete&recreate game path .  However,  I noticed that when I setup the game path ( USB:Games with scan depth of 1 or 10) the process doesn't scan for any games folders under this dir. Even when I force a manual scan, the system still doesn't search for any games. Again, I ended up with few no cover games titles.  

I must admit this is becoming a challenging project for me .

Greatly appreciate your help!

It's not recommended that you delete it while running FSD (because it may lock some of the files so they're not deleted when you do...)

Are you sure it's not scanning? most likely the games ended up in a different folder, or there's no "default.xex" in the folders... if there is no default.xex there's no game (this is required for the game to work!) of course, if you put GOD files there it won't have the default.xex outside of the container...

Anways, check on your computer that there are default.xex files where there should be... if there are, try removing ALL files for F3 and reinstalling the latest ones, again... do this with XEXMenu running from the USB so nothing sticks around causing random issues...

Using XEXMenu to replace files is easy, start it up, press RB once and you'll enter the file manager, from here you select folders/files you want to copy using X or Y (i don't remember which one it is, one is for device list, the other for operations list) you can also use FTP if you prefer doing it over the network, but i'd recommend doing it from a USB drive instead...

The fact that you don't see game covers is normal untill they've been downloaded, for that you need to have an internet connection and make sure you don't have "livestrong" set to true in dashlaunch (to get all information properly for each game)

I've verified that games exist under Games folder along with the "default .xex"  for each game.  Alright .. I will try to look into it one more time this weekend before I have some guru guy like to fix it.

Thanks!

BTW- I just happened to look under one of my kids Xbox profile and I saw XEXDemo  link under games profile . Once I Launched the app, I was able to see all the games in the external usb drive under the Games folder. Also, I was able play individual games .   Now do I still need to follow your above procedure to navigate through games from the lib? 

Hmmm, I don't want to sound like dumb and dumber but why do  I need to blow away FSD ? I saw a link from the administrators on deleting/creating FSD (   http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2177-how-to-remove-freestyle-dash-and-reinstall/  ) but I'm a bit confused as fsd folder contains game folder which according to the doc , must kept intact .

Keep in mind, you're dealing with an armature who is not a gamer at all.

Thanks for your time.

Hmmm, I don't want to sound like dumb and dumber but why do  I need to blow away FSD ? I saw a link from the administrators on deleting/creating FSD (   http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2177-how-to-remove-freestyle-dash-and-reinstall/  ) but I'm a bit confused as fsd folder contains game folder which according to the doc , must kept intact .Keep in mind, you're dealing with an armature who is not a gamer at all.Thanks for your time.

Sometimes during upgrades or whatever you'll end up with corrupt data, when this happens it's generally recommended that you erase the F3 folder entirely (remove the whole app) this has to be done using XEXMenu or another instance of F3 (you must NOT autoload the instance of F3 you're removing, or even start it at all as this will cause the plugin to be loaded, if you do you also have to unload the plugin)Since you're not really going to abandon F3 you will be re-installing it, with a fresh copy of it, if you have your games in a subdirectory of F3 this of course have to be moved elsewhere, it's NOT recommended that you have your games in the same directory as you have F3, it's better to have it in the root of your internal HDD under "games" or something like that, the same goes for USB memories/harddrivesI'm not sure what "doc" you're refereing to, but it's probably an outdated one ;)

LibXenon,Would you please provide me with a procedure  on F3 re-install . Thanks

My name is Swizzy... but sure;Start XEXMenu (using the files i provided for you before)Press RB oncePress X (or Y i don't remember which one it is) to get the Device menuSelect HDD1 and navigate to the folder which contains F3, go inside it...Press Y (or X if Y was the device menu) to get to the Operations menuSelect "Delete" and answer yes to the questionNow you've hopefully removed the F3 you currently have...Download the latest version from here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2090-f3-rev-775/Extract the zip 7z file usin 7Zip or whatever other program you prefer that can handle the 7zip format, then inside you'll find another 7z, extract this one aswell, the contents of this folder is what you want to put where you had your old F3Once you've copied the new files to your console, reboot and enjoy your fresh copy of F3, hopefully solving your problem :)