RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Shuraim Ahmet

updating dash board

Hey guyz can anyone plz help me about how to update xbox dashboard without getting banned I've falcon chip?Cheerz.

Falcon is a motherboard model, what do you mean "without getting banned"? from where?If you're talking about a JTAG/RGH just follow one of these 2 guides: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com or http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-freeboot-nand-update-tutorial/ you cannot go online with a JTAG/RGH on Xbox Live normally without getting banned...The first one is the one i personally would recommend, but the second one is good aswell, both reach the same goal in the end, jpizzle's guide has less steps due to using a newer xebuild feature (not included in the GUI which my guide covers)

Falcon is a motherboard model, what do you mean "without getting banned"? from where?If you're talking about a JTAG/RGH just follow one of these 2 guides: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com or http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-freeboot-nand-update-tutorial/ you cannot go online with a JTAG/RGH on Xbox Live normally without getting banned...The first one is the one i personally would recommend, but the second one is good aswell, both reach the same goal in the end, jpizzle's guide has less steps due to using a newer xebuild feature (not included in the GUI which my guide covers)

Thanx mate actually its the first time im updating my dashboared coz i can no longer play new games like cod ghost ad etc. So plz tell me r the latest softwares available on this site an will need to connect my console to some network?

Thanx mate actually its the first time im updating my dashboared coz i can no longer play new games like cod ghost ad etc. So plz tell me r the latest softwares available on this site an will need to connect my console to some network?

The links i gave you are to up-to-date guides... so... what else do you need?

The links i gave you are to up-to-date guides... so... what else do you need?

Thanx I'll start working on them this weekend and if u dont mind may turn back to u if anything goes wrong.

There's also a way to update over your network using J-runner. You need to launch updserv in the dashlaunch folder though. I've always used the previous tutorials. Has anyone (successfully) updated using the updserv/jrunner method?

There's also a way to update over your network using J-runner. You need to launch updserv in the dashlaunch folder though. I've always used the previous tutorials. Has anyone (successfully) updated using the updserv/jrunner method?

I've used the updsrv method (during the testing of it) and yeah, it works :)I do however mostly use the old method (as written in my guide @ http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/) I don't really like JRunner much, so haven't tried using it... but... it's quite difficult to mess up the command line for updating using updsrv ;)
  • Like 1

Hey Swizzy one more thing mate, i already have fsd3 and dashlaunch installed on my HDD so before updating dashboard do i need to delete these and re-install after updating dashboard?

Hey Swizzy one more thing mate, i already have fsd3 and dashlaunch installed on my HDD so before updating dashboard do i need to delete these and re-install after updating dashboard?

No, you may want to update the dashlaunch installer tho (replace the file with the new version) however, it's not really required...

post-13230-0-76384600-1387277182_thumb.png

No, you may want to update the dashlaunch installer tho (replace the file with the new version) however, it's not really required...

Mate how do you check the "Requies FCRT.bin"  box  and thats the error im getting when i try to check cpu key using KV so thought it might be due to FCRT. Plz reply fast and hope u can see the image above.. 

Posted ImageXEXERROE.png

Mate how do you check the "Requies FCRT.bin"  box  and thats the error im getting when i try to check cpu key using KV so thought it might be due to FCRT. Plz reply fast and hope u can see the image above..

That problem occurs when you are not using the correct cpukey for that dump (the keyvault is encrypted with your cpukey, however... if the keyvault block is bad (1) xeBuild GUI doesn't know how to deal with it, so it'll always tell you that the key doesn't match it...) etheir way fcrt isn't required on phats (it's a slim feature)
  • Like 1

That problem occurs when you are not using the correct cpukey for that dump (the keyvault is encrypted with your cpukey, however... if the keyvault block is bad (1) xeBuild GUI doesn't know how to deal with it, so it'll always tell you that the key doesn't match it...) etheir way fcrt isn't required on phats (it's a slim feature)

Thanx mate. I guess problem maybe that  my dashlaunch seems to be little blur and im confused about few letters/numbers in the key. Is there a way like in fsd dat we can take a print screen image in dashlaunch of the cpu key and i can watch it on my pc or else i can use xell but dont know how to start it coz never used it before.

Thanx mate. I guess problem maybe that  my dashlaunch seems to be little blur and im confused about few letters/numbers in the key. Is there a way like in fsd dat we can take a print screen image in dashlaunch of the cpu key and i can watch it on my pc or else i can use xell but dont know how to start it coz never used it before.

Turn off your console, then start it with eject...

U mean first install xell.bin and then start console with eject key?

No, when you have Freeboot you also have XeLL ussually started with Eject, unless of course somebody changed the settings to be something else... and for that only they'd know which exact one is yours...

You can also use "xelllaunch" from the dashlaunch package...

No, when you have Freeboot you also have XeLL ussually started with Eject, unless of course somebody changed the settings to be something else... and for that only they'd know which exact one is yours...

You can also use "xelllaunch" from the dashlaunch package...

Thanx i'll give it a try.

Hey swizzy mate everything almost done but just that avatar install prompt wouldnt shows up,....What could that be i've tried copying them on my flash drive but its the  same it copies to flash drive ok but  no change in avatars/

Thanx

Cheerz.

Hey swizzy mate everything almost done but just that avatar install prompt wouldnt shows up,....What could that be i've tried copying them on my flash drive but its the  same it copies to flash drive ok but  no change in avatars/

Thanx

Cheerz.

you need to put a folder named "$$ystemUpdate" if you used the default launch.ini, then boot your console with that memory followed by booting a game or something...

if you changed "noupdater" to "false" in dashlaunch you need to have the name "$SystemUpdate", keep in mind that you also have to use the same version as the one you installed...

you need to put a folder named "$$ystemUpdate" if you used the default launch.ini, then boot your console with that memory followed by booting a game or something...

if you changed "noupdater" to "false" in dashlaunch you need to have the name "$SystemUpdate", keep in mind that you also have to use the same version as the one you installed...

Thanx mate all done now even Cod Ghosts is working.. I've also disabled my eject button which was causing disc tray error and now it wouldn't bother me..just one more thing I wanna know can we play XBLA games on link like counter-strike global offensive?

Cheerz.

Thanx mate all done now even Cod Ghosts is working.. I've also disabled my eject button which was causing disc tray error and now it wouldn't bother me..just one more thing I wanna know can we play XBLA games on link like counter-strike global offensive?Cheerz.

Games that support System Link should also work with LiNK