RealModScene
scarabeus6t9er

Can I mod a xbox 360 this way ?

Ok i had an idea i tried to find confirmation in google to no evail and stubbled on this forum/website and thought id ask and see what sort of information people might be able to shed on this idea...

Ok if you update the firmware on your xbox 360 dvd drive can you do these 3 things

Load the F3 auto installer in the dvd drive ?   -=> filename : FSDInstallerISO

and will it allow the installation of the dashboard and run without the Jtag/rgh hardware ?

Im guessing this would not be possible but would be the cheapest and greatest way to mod a 360

or maybe spark a developer into writing software to make it work would be even nicer also...

look forward to responses and info no matter how technical =+)

Modding the DVD Drive only grants you the ability to run backup games, it does in no way allow you to launch homebrew or modified games...

I actually recall a small bit of news about a guy named PSDev running homebrew through his DVD tray, but it has been a while and I don't know that it is being actively pursued.  Here is a link to the story: http://www.dashhacks.com/xbox-360/hacks/psdev-goes-360-gets-homebrew-running-with-ixtreme-flashed-boxes.html There are links from that page going to PSDevs twitter account showing some screen shots.  Could be a fake, but its an interesting idea!

It was not fake, I played with it myself. It did not allow you to run unsighned xbox code, only flash files (.swf)

So far the information has been mixed as true and false

Older system mods over time become more advanced and more practical, cheaper and innovative

great to see the replies so far and the information coming forward so quickly, thanks

It was not fake, I played with it myself. It did not allow you to run unsighned xbox code, only flash files (.swf)

Only flash eh?  That's a shame, when I first saw it I thought it was going to be this big revolution in the mod scene and then it fizzled out and you never heard about it after that.  If it only plays flash then its no wonder I suppose.