RealModScene
diogo

Temperature Issue??

Hi everyone... I have a Phat Elite Jasper Jtag and i noticed that the GPU's Temperature is high!!! Or at least i guess its high.

I really dont known what the right temperature but in FSD monitor, its shows 69º~75º, sometimes already draw that orange bar over there!

I always saw the screeshots that people release in internet with 44ºat maximum.

The cooler is in AUTOMATIC, should I change it? To what valor?

I wouldn't worry too much about what you see on the net, if you can live with the fans a little louder then adjust the slider, or whip the case of it, fan mod it, etc. etc. Mine runs about 50 - 65 ish, all depending on how hot it is in the lounge. 75 is kinda hot I do admit...mine is an old phat ;)

I think there's fan temps in "dashlaunch" as well that you can adjust if it gets too hot....as of yet I don't think I've seen a change in fan speed on FSD ever running mine. maybe that's because it's actually alright, like yours ;)

Get it modded and cooled if your that worried about it buddy. 

• Like 1

I'm kind of worried. I read about TARGET TEMPERATURE in FAN AUTO  MODE. In FSD 2.2v i got 55º at tops and make be relaxed about how hot my console is. It was a bit cooler than my AMD deskop and GPU desktop too. I guess if my TARGET TEMPERATURE was 55º again I could have no problem with it again. Where can I check my TARGET TEMPERATURE?

btw, thanks for the support! :thumbup:

it's in dashlaunch somewhere I remember seeing it the other day. You could always grab a few fan mods for it, take the DVD drive out and stick a fan on it, solder it into the power from the bottom of the board, after all who needs a DVD drive, be pre-paired for the green light to blink rapidly if you do remove the drive though. but a bit of bluetack over the top of that can sort that annoying flashing light out. ;)

When you see screenshots just you never know peoples setup, here's my temps right now ( but just whacked the fans on 100% though and just switched it on) 

Posted Image

get modding it bro..... ;)

Posted Image

• Like 1

I fan modded my sons jtag. Removed the disc drive took it apart and used the shell to make a mount for the fan for over the gpu. I powered it off of the dvd drive jumper. Also found out which wires went to open tray switch and soldered them together to get rid of the fast blinking light. If interested I can take it back apart and take some pics and post em.

I used dashlauch to set the desired temperatrure. All to 60c 

Is a bit noisy, but it´s nothing compared to my rig.

I would re-apply the thermal grease under the heat-sink (if you're comfortable enough doing that). Another easy and practical mod is doing what The Sanchez suggested, removing the dvd-drive and adding a fan on top of your case. I soldered the 12v connection directly underneath the motherboard, right where the psu plugs in. This way you don't draw from any other components. Here's a picture to show you what I mean: http://imgur.com/BFogUfE

I highly recommend changing the temp settings rather then changing the fan setting... if you change the fan settings it should be no lower then 100% to make sure it doesn't cause other problems (overheating all together if your environment gets warmer)