RealModScene
vicicarus

Can't extract nand from corona rgh, so............

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

So I picked up a corona rgh and I am trying or was going to try the Xebuild 1.08 Update tutorial. Now I tried to backup the nand with flash360 and I got this message,

Posted Image

Then as I kept looking around to see if I can findout what was causing that I saw that throuhg xell reloaded there is another message,

Posted Image

I should not continue with the Xebuild update correct to avoid a brick? Is my only option having my guy extract the nand and manually via TX Corona RW Kit?

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

So I picked up a corona rgh and I am trying or was going to try the Xebuild 1.08 Update tutorial. Now I tried to backup the nand with flash360 and I got this message,

Posted Image

Then as I kept looking around to see if I can findout what was causing that I saw that throuhg xell reloaded there is another message,

Posted Image

I should not continue with the Xebuild update correct to avoid a brick? Is my only option having my guy extract the nand and manually via TX Corona RW Kit?

Try Simple 360 NAND Flasher, Flash360 don't have corona support... and old XeLL don't have Corona MMC (4GB) read support etheir...

Hi Swizzy, could you explain a little more on that topic please, why don't they have the normal type of "xell" ?

Thanks (just want to learn some more)

Hi Swizzy, could you explain a little more on that topic please, why don't they have the normal type of "xell" ?

Thanks (just want to learn some more)

what do you mean?

If you mean why old versions of XeLL don't have MMC reads it's because of the way it was coded (it uses raw access which only have NAND support), the new one uses virtual access (however, this don't work when launched from xelllaunch)

I thought the old versions of "xell" were the "black ones" would he still be able to get his nand and cpu key from the web interface on this machine and use xebuild to update the nand...booting it with eject?

I thought the old versions of "xell" were the "black ones" would he still be able to get his nand and cpu key from the web interface on this machine and use xebuild to update the nand...booting it with eject?

not if you have a 4GB corona (MMC corona) howewer the 16mb model (NAND corona) works just fine altought you get no video output on any corona with older versions of xell (v0.992 was the first one that had corona video support)

Thanks, think I understand a little on that what you've said, so these were the very 1st machines that were out there then. I guess I need to do some reading up on them and the differences. 

Thanks, think I understand a little on that what you've said, so these were the very 1st machines that were out there then. I guess I need to do some reading up on them and the differences. 

No, corona is the LATEST motherboard version, MMC coronas are any 4GB slim with a corona motherboard...

oh...... :huh: so how would he go about updating it, been reading a bit on them and it brought me back to this site... ;) 

So reading about  "simple nand flasher" made by your self! what does that do, read the nand and then flash it back using rawflash...is that udpating xell then..? why does it need to be done this way and not like any other ones, Just been looking at a few videos on youtube about it and they seem to be doing it that way, they have a updflash.bin with the default xex of "simple nand flasher" 

oh...... :huh: so how would he go about updating it, been reading a bit on them and it brought me back to this site... ;)

So reading about  "simple nand flasher" made by your self! what does that do, read the nand and then flash it back using rawflash...is that udpating xell then..? why does it need to be done this way and not like any other ones, Just been looking at a few videos on youtube about it and they seem to be doing it that way, they have a updflash.bin with the default xex of "simple nand flasher" 

Yeah, read and write using Simple 360 NAND Flasher... it has to be done that way because of the MMC, nobody has reversed how the dashboard communicates with the MMC yet, therefor we cannot access that from XeLL... the only other option at this time is to use hardware (which for the record is a pita by itself)

Yes, when you build a new freeboot image (using xeBuild GUI, JRunner or AutoGG) you always get an updated XeLL with it aswell (all of these apps use xebuild in the background...

• Like 1

That's a pretty neat tool that you made then, just been reading about the beta release, and it will do it all for you as long as you have the simpleflasher.cmd and your updflash.bin file with the default xex......would that be correct....

Thanks again. 

That's a pretty neat tool that you made then, just been reading about the beta release, and it will do it all for you as long as you have the simpleflasher.cmd and your updflash.bin file with the default xex......would that be correct....

Thanks again. 

Well, you don't need the simpleflasher.cmd file, that's purely for automation with autoGG... + to flash you need to add a crc32 aswell (matching the file you want to write)

Thank you all for the reply's,

So I got simple360 nand flash, extracted the nand, then using XeBuild GUI ver 2.09 while generating the hacked image I got this error,

ERROR: Can't determine if it's a big or small block nand, do you want to continue anyways?(this is a sign that your nand is not properly dumped). So I google error and came across this 

This is totally normal for a 4GB Corona, the GUI don't have support for this yet (it'll be added when it hits v3.0 which i've been working on a very long time)

if I hit continue I get

ERROR: There was one or more errors while checking your settings, this usually means there is something very wrong with your nand! disable failsafe to bypass this check...

I looked for the error but it brought me back to the site?

Ok, so I took a chance since I have a nand backup now and went ahead with the Xebuild 1.08 easy update and it installed the 16537 update so all is well.

• Like 1

Yes,Thank you all for the assistance with this matter. Followed the tutorial step by step, cake.......!