RealModScene
EluZioN

Game Art

Hello All,

Let me first say thanks to the creators of FSD3.  It's taking some time but I am getting use to it.  I posted ages ago questioning if ConX worked on FSD3 (it died in later versions of FSD2) and it seems to work perfectly, so thank you.

Back in the day I wrote a stand alone program to download all covers, screenshots, backgrounds, icons and it allows you to view all of them, edit description, etc.,on a PC.  I did this because FSD2 couldn't use the same images for the same game if it was on a different path or different xbox, and also because I was maintaining several boxes.   The program keeps a local copy of all images, then I would connect to the FSD2 db, and "sync" the images for whatever games were installed.

My question is:  FSD3 does not use assets in the database.  I can use the web browser to move over my images, but doing images 1 by 1 for 1600+ games is too time consuming.  Is there a script known so I can automate the image uploads?  Is the file format of the assets file public and I can create those instead?  Is the FSD3 open source?  I could reverse the routine that saves the assets file I guess.  Is there any other solution that I am missing?

I should add that I like the new coverflow view a lot, but I am missing several games and I wouldn't begin to know how to make those.  Where do they come from?

Thanks,EluZioN

I can answer one of those questions, jqe360.com is where fsd3 gets its artwork from and you can push cover art from the site to your box if you link your box to jqe360.com in your freestyle dash settings.

Hi. You can use GaDaBaMa 2.2.1 to migrate from Fsd2 to F3.

Search the tutorial video under tutorials.

The .assets file has been explained in a topic. I guess it was the old GaDaBaMa 2.2 topic.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2