RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
GamerX

TP-Link WR-740N portforwarding help?

I have tried my best to portforward the ports but I fail.My router is set to dynamic IP.Do I need static a  ip?Does anybody have this router?Somebody please help me,very anxious to go online on link.

what i usually do is set it to automatic and then make those settings manual. Make sure the default gateway is correct and subnet mask which is 255.255.255.0 and you are all set

now port forward to that ip

I have tried my best to portforward the ports but I fail.My router is set to dynamic IP.Do I need static a  ip?Does anybody have this router?Somebody please help me,very anxious to go online on link.

Hi, like others are saying you really should change to a static IP it will stop a lot of problems now and in the future, but it totally depends on your ISP and router.

Myself in the UK on top spec Virgin Media broadband upnp I can change my IP and switch between dynamic and static if I wanted to.

I've been a telecoms engineer for 11+ years so I should be able to help you and I will as much as I can.

Here's a couple of really useful links you should be able to sort all you problems out it very easy to do.

Hope I've helped and if you need anymore help I'd be glad to assist you, DelBoy ;)

Hi, like others are saying you really should change to a static IP it will stop a lot of problems now and in the future, but it totally depends on your ISP and router.

Myself in the UK on top spec Virgin Media broadband upnp I can change my IP and switch between dynamic and static if I wanted to.

I've been a telecoms engineer for 11+ years so I should be able to help you and I will as much as I can.

Here's a couple of really useful links you should be able to sort all you problems out it very easy to do.

Hope I've helped and if you need anymore help I'd be glad to assist you, DelBoy ;)

I can't change from dynamic to static IP.My ISP doesn't allow me to do it.

If your ADSL you can request static ip from your ISP for a small charge.

Virgin Media usually give you a static ip for about 2-6 months, depending how often you turn your modem off. Like myself, its never. Tho I do get a new ip every few months.

In your router, give your XBOX a pernament IP then use the port forwarding options, or worse cause, set DMZ for it.

If the test says fail, you should try joining a lobby and finding a game, chances are it'll still work.

Somehow i got it to work.I connected it with my modem directly with a wire and portforwarded it from there and it worked.Thanks everyone.