RealModScene
undersys

All Multi Disk games fail to launch.

Hi,

Thanks for FSD! Such a good job.

I have a small issue. All the Multi Disk games I have (batman, max payne and La Noire)  when I go to launch them FSD hangs and locks my console.All single disk games work.

Cold reboot is required.I have the latest TU's for each game.I have the latest dashboard (just RGH'ed last week).I have the latest FSD and dash launch.I think  :unsure: When I view the debug log via HTTP when the console crashs I get the following : 

17:14:17.611|Debug|F9000000|Unhandled exception occured... dumping log

So I look at the log file it dumps I get the following  (only included last few lines): 

17:14:17.500|ScnGameView|F9000000|Launch Game Button Pressed17:14:17.500|FsdSQL|F9000000|Asked to update recently played for 3117:14:17.534|FSDSql|F9000000|Query: INSERT OR REPLACE INTO RecentlyPlayedTitles (RecentlyPlayedTitleContentId, RecentlyPlayedTitleGamerProfile, RecentlyPlayedTitleDateTime, RecentlyPlayedTitleOrder) VALUES ('31', 'E00000548D51FF3B', '1367658857', '0000000000000020' )17:14:17.571|FSDSql|F9000000|Disc count mismatch for 0x5752080217:14:17.571|ContentItem|F9000000|Failed to load multidisc info for 0x5752080217:14:17.571|ContentItem|F9000000|Registering Path:  [Disc 0] DeviceHarddisk0Partition1GamesBatman Arkham Citydisk1default.xex17:14:17.571|ContentItem|F9000000|Registering Path:  [Disc 1] DeviceHarddisk0Partition1GamesBatman Arkham Citydisk2default.xexcrash.20130504171417.log lines 604-655/655 (END)

I have tried many different disk layouts. I have also re added/scanned my DB.Can anyone help me with my issue. I am sure its something silly I've missed... as normal  :sweat: Thanks

Example:

The Witcher 2 (make folder)

Inside that folder make disc 1 and disc 2 folder, then

disc 1 > put extracted files

disc 2 > put extracted files

Now when you load fsd there will be two of the same cover, move the disc 2 to no section by pressing Y and move. Start game and when you get to where you need to switch disc's it'll automatically do it.

Also batman isn't starting for you because the 2nd disc is dlc, you have to place the bare dlc files in the correct folder of usbmu or hdd> content > 0000000000000000 > games title id > 00000002 > place dlc.

Hi Griff

Thanks for the reply.I do have my disks extracted out in the way you say.You can see that in the log file : 

GamesBatman Arkham Citydisk1GamesBatman Arkham Citydisk2

Will the fact I have "disk1" and not "disk 1" make a difference ?Thanks for the tip on batman I will move the second disk.Sadly all my multi disk games fail.

Exact same error for La Noire 

17:16:26.098|ScnGameView|F9000000|Launch Game Button Pressed17:16:26.098|FsdSQL|F9000000|Asked to update recently played for 3417:16:26.129|FSDSql|F9000000|Query: INSERT OR REPLACE INTO RecentlyPlayedTitles (RecentlyPlayedTitleContentId, RecentlyPlayedTitleGamerProfile, RecentlyPlayedTitleDateTime, RecentlyPlayedTitleOrder) VALUES ('34', 'E00000548D51FF3B', '1367831786', '0000000000000024' )17:16:26.195|ContentItem|F9000000|Registering Path:  [Disc 0] DeviceHarddisk0Partition1GamesL.A. Noiredisk1default.xex17:16:26.195|ContentItem|F9000000|Registering Path:  [Disc 1] DeviceHarddisk0Partition1GamesL.A. Noiredisk2default.xex17:16:26.195|ContentItem|F9000000|Registering Path:  [Disc 2] DeviceHarddisk0Partition1GamesL.A. Noiredisk3default.xex

Do i need to change "disk1" to "disk 1". I am pretty sure I had it set that way at one point too.I can still use the HTTP interface.The game never launches and FSD is frozen from using the xbox controller.

Not sure, I have mine set as disc 1 and disc 2. I always start it from the 1st disc and hit continue and it'll automatically go to the 2nd portion of the game provided I've made it that far.

Are you trying to click on the 2nd disc without making it that far? That may be the problem...clear the game data in fsd or reinstall fsd all together, when everything is refreshed, hide the 2nd and 3rd disc by pressing Y on them in the games section (move to no section), pay attention to what the note says before moving because sometimes they are not in order in the games section...then start game from the one that's left (disc 1) and you should be good. If that still doesn't work then you've most likely corrupted your save (if you have one) by clicking on the 2nd disc when you shouldn't have. You'll have to delete the save and title update maybe. Re download title update and start game over.

Hi Griff,I have now tried the following :* Fresh Install of FSD* Delete all Save games* rename directories ( to match yours)​All the above results in the same error.XEXmenu can run each of the games in question.So this has to be FSD/dashlaunch? 

To add to the weirdness.

If i open up the File explorer, navigate to the game, select the games xex.it works...What could be the matter if it just fails to load via the Library! 

Hi JPizzle,Where do i check for that?The plugin section just prompts me and says reserved for future updates. 

test follow:

create GOD containers of the discs and put them in ONE folder.

here a example for Rage (works with all other multi-disc-games too)

create folder "Rage" and put all containers in it

you can rename the files and folders if you want:

DVD_1.data (Folder)DVD_2.data (Folder)DVD_3.data (Folder)DVD_1 (44kb-File)DVD_2 (44kb-File)DVD_3 (44kb-File)

best regards

ichunddu

Hi JPizzle,

In the settings area where ?
All I see is a plugins section , and when I select that it takes me to the HTTP/FTp enable/Disable page.
I don't see anything else.
is that normal ?

ichunddu,
I don't have any ISO's to test. Unless there is a way I can make a GOD container from a DVD?
All my games where extracted from the DVD's.

@undersys

create god' s from burned dvd:

use imgburn or clonecd to create

an iso... load the iso in iso2god and

create god containers...

create god' s from extracted files:

create a new iso with my 360mpGui

(google it)... load the iso in iso2god

and create god containers...

best regards

ichunddu

Hi JPizzle,

In the settings area where ?All I see is a plugins section , and when I select that it takes me to the HTTP/FTp enable/Disable page.I don't see anything else.is that normal ?ichunddu,I don't have any ISO's to test. Unless there is a way I can make a GOD container from a DVD?All my games where extracted from the DVD's.

Right.. That was  a theme I was using...I've gone back to the stock theme.

I now see plugin's I see FSD is loaded. What else should i bet looking for ?

Did you name the folders Disc 1 or disk 1?

Not sure if it matters but i name mine Disc and it works for me.

You really should attach a full dump of the crashlog from launching one of the actual multidisk games, this will tell us things like

- what version of the exe and plugin you are using, and whether the plugin loaded OK

- what (if any, possibly out of date) custom skin you are using

- the offending code that actually caused the crash and the resulting CPU state when it crashed

Just posting little snips of it only confirms that you had a crash, not why, when or where a failure occurred (and thus means the devs have to interact a LOT more with you to try to guess what the problem is, instead of just seeing it right there in the log.) If you are having problems attaching here, or simply don't want this log public stuff it on a private paste site or similar, or upload it somewhere and forward a link through a PM or similar here.

That said, if you are using dash launch make sure that you are NOT using the swap.xex plugin, and that you've not enabled autoswap (these will not really play well with the F3 multidisk functions.) As far as F3 goes, it doesn't really matter where you put the games or the names of the folders so long as both disks are in the scan path (judging by the snips of the log, they are found just fine) and that the disks they are on are present when needed.

It would seem after a bit of code diving that you do not have all the discs scanned into your DB.

SO either your scandepth is wrong, or you don't have all the discs in a scanpath or you deleted them.

A disc is a CD/DVD/BD media (basically anything that spins) and a disk would be a HDD, a floppy disk...