RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
lolwutzbunneh

Regular System Link

Hey, it's been a while since I've checked on the progress of F3, is it still the case that regular system link locally isn't supported what with all this fancy LiNK stuff? Are there any more streamlined workarounds than the whole unload f3 plugin thing? Cheers

Step one read before you start a thread.Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

you need to disable FSD for hosting infections to retail console via system link.

Also how did he post a silly question, He was asking how to use regular system link NOT LINK !

OK i will give a quick explanation of what is happending. I am thinking of trying to implement something in the future but not sure it will work.

The technical reason why local system link doesn't work when link is enabled is called NAT Reflection.

when a router running nat receives a request for its own IP it doesn't forward to the net it just passes to the correct location (Being itself). So the nat port forwarding doesn't work and it gets messed up. 

So there is 1 way to fix this on your end, use a router that supports nat reflection which makes the forwards work internally also.

The second way is be patient and hope we find a stable low overhead way of fixing this.

Thanks for the info JQE, really helpful :) I'll have to see if my router has NAT Reflection then! Cheers :)

To everyone who was calling me an idiot, seems like you didn't even know the problem I was talking about, which someone well versed in the technicalities of F3 likely would, so maybe don't be so quick to assume I don't know jack? Cheers.