RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
NoSoul

Help with genres

I guess I am not getting it how do I add the games that I choose to the genre that I choose? Is there some option by clicking on the game or is it elsewhere?  If I go to Filters & Sort and click on "Racing & Flying" there's no games there, and I don't know how to add any.  And yes I did read the sticky on filters, but it didn't totally help. 

Also how do I make my own genres?  It is confusing to me because when I go to Quick View there is "Filter Add" but when I click on that there are all these Operators "And, Or, Not" etc... and I click on Filters but I don't see anywhere that I can just add the name of a genre and then just click on a game and say "add it to this genre" why can't it be more simple for dumb people like me lol. 

Like on Launchbox for PC you can just right click a game and add it to a Playlist that you name or create a new one. That's simple, why does this require a PHD? 

I figured out how to add the genre that I created to the list when I hit LB or RB, but still don't know how to add games to it. 

59 minutes ago, NoSoul said:

I figured out how to add the genre that I created to the list when I hit LB or RB, but still don't know how to add games to it. 

Usually these filters work automatically, based on the information that is in the games themselves

Just now, Neocazen said:

Usually these filters work automatically, based on the information that is in the games themselves

That's weird, when I click on a game and go to the top there's an option for genres it says "not available"  I looked at a several and same thing. 

I have to basic options Xbox 360, Xbox and Xbox Live Arcade and all of the game work apporpriately for those the correct games are all there, but I guess I just can't add any genres? 

1 hour ago, NoSoul said:

I have to basic options Xbox 360, Xbox and Xbox Live Arcade and all of the game work apporpriately for those the correct games are all there, but I guess I just can't add any genres? 

Press B to go to the 'Quick View »» Add »» Filter add. Press "RB" and "A" at the Genres, and then select the Filter you want and save it. Once you get down to the end of the queue in the Quick View Builder, squeeze, and then rename it to your liking. Press "A" again to bring up the keyboard. Save. Ready to go. Now you can with the "LB-RB" at the main menu for the filter that you want to.

If you need more filters, just repeat the process.

8 hours ago, NoSoul said:

ok, you are misunderstanding the filters.. you need to have the asset data iirc..

your filter example: "racing and flying" is looking for games that are specifically exactly that..

i'll try to explain better; if you want xbox360 AND xbla games, you would need to use "xbox360 or xbla"  because the "and" includes both, and there isnt a disc+xbla combo

"fighting and multiplayer" are a good combo.. the implementation is elementary.. but it was done with people with coding knowledge of some sort..

there is no "place this game into this category"  option.. as that is not how the filters are designed to work

bump on old thread....

I've tried genre filters and no games are being automatically added according to their asset data.  Is there any ways to add appropriate asset data?  What am I doing wrong?