RealModScene
andrewhl2

Freestyle hangs on "initializing loading engine" and games disappeared

Hello,

A friend RGH'd my trinity xbox for me... I went ahead and looked by myself how to install FS3 and did so by burning a img and everything went well.

I tried a few games and everything was perfect. However, when I started loading a HUGE amount of XBLA and DLC, the problems started.

First, all my 360 games disappeared from the 360 section, I can still see them through FTP.

Then only half of the XBLA games I transferred appear.

Finally, when turning the xbox on, it hangs for a while (5 mins or so) in the "initializing loading engine" stage.

I tried clearing my game data in the settings folder but that just made it hang for a while and reset.

I'm thinking something got corrupted? I can I reinstall FS without erasing all my games? Took me a LOT of time to FTP them to the xbox...

Cheers!

Loading too many games at once can be slow, when your doing your first scan you should upload games bit at a time as it also downloads covers from the internet.

Secondly, are you sure you didn't press x for favorites part under xbox 360 games LOL.

I'd try reinstalling FSD and start again, leave the content folder as it is, and your games folder.

How do you have it setup, is everything (games ways) in your "Content" Folder? or do you have them in a "My games" folder too is so, scan content first, let FSD get the covers, then add "My games" to your scan path.

I think your FSD is trying to do too much at once, do you by chance have all your games on an external USB HD?

No I don't have my favorites toggled lol

If you go to hdd1, I created a games folder there where all the 360 titles are, and a Content/00000000/ where all the XBLA and DLC titles are.

If I try to remove the paths manually, it just says deleting game data and it eventually reboots, but if I go to paths again, then I find that they are still there.

How would I reinstall everything without touching my content and games folders?

Thanks for the quick reply!

use xexloader, delete the Freestyle 3 folder, and use xexloader to reinstall FSD unless your installing from CD.

Personally I'd start again and try not repeat the mistakes of the first install.

use xexloader, delete the Freestyle 3 folder, and use xexloader to reinstall FSD unless your installing from CD.

Personally I'd start again and try not repeat the mistakes of the first install.

I would start from scratch if copying 400 GB's of data didn't take so long! heh

Thanks for your help though!

Btw what difference does it make if I install from CD? Do I follow the same procedure? delete through xex and then install from cd?

If you transferred the games over by ftp like me then I should give you my hint, use an external HDD or huge usb pen lol, copy the games over, it was much quicker than FTP :)

You can start FSD from stretch not having to delete the content folder, Installing from CD wont make a different, you can put FSD onto a USB pen and copy it over

Gotcha, really appreciate the quick replies!

Thanks!

No Problem Buddy, keep me posted as to how it went :)

Hopefully it'll be issues free

No Problem Buddy, keep me posted as to how it went :)

Hopefully it'll be issues free

Well I reinstalled FS and this time I let it scan for a while...

Its now downloading VERY slowly over 7000 items :ph34r:

and the "initializing loading engine" stage keeps being really slow.

I wonder if its got something to do with having 500+ arcade titles plus 2600+ rock band songs dlc? -_-

I also noticed that "initializing" is spelled wrong, it says "initailizing" hehe :p

spelling mistake should be the last thing on your mind.

Your console doesn't have auto off feature on does it, if so, elastic band around the 2 numsticks and go watch some tv.

Yeah you've quite alot, you should leave the covers all download, its going to take awhile.

Well the question is...can the console even handle that amount? If I let it finish everything will it still take a long time to boot?

Also, thanks for the elastic band tip, hadn't thought of it!

only one way to find it, let it get those covers then try, and let us know :)

if everything is on your internal hard drive ( I assume its bigger than 250gb?) then it should be ok

If everything is on an external usb hard drive, you're most likly going to get this slowness less.

Yeah its on an internal 640 gb HD.

I'll let you know but its going sooo slow, like 40kbits... on a 100mbit connection, I assume its the amount of files...

or the server is busy. Your best to go away and leave it for a while, let it be busy this one time to get everything, should prevent any further issues.

Internal HD should be fine too once its done, if your in the UK/IRE send me a PM, tell me where you got that HD and Price :)

I'm getting that size for my 2nd RGH

or the server is busy. Your best to go away and leave it for a while, let it be busy this one time to get everything, should prevent any further issues.

Internal HD should be fine too once its done, if your in the UK/IRE send me a PM, tell me where you got that HD and Price :)

I'm getting that size for my 2nd RGH

Not in the UK... got it on sale in the US for like 50 usd on black friday at walmart. It was a seagate goflex... I just ripped it apart and got an empty case on ebay for like 5 bucks and stuck it in :)

And I was reading it wrong... its going at .42 kbps :unsure: and it goes down and back up...for example 1547...1445...1550...1546...1551 etc.

I'll leave it be but when I scanned the 360 games folder which has just like 20 it went really quickly.

Not in the UK... got it on sale in the US for like 50 usd on black friday at walmart. It was a seagate goflex... I just ripped it apart and got an empty case on ebay for like 5 bucks and stuck it in :)

And I was reading it wrong... its going at .42 kbps :unsure: and it goes down and back up...for example 1547...1445...1550...1546...1551 etc.

I'll leave it be but when I scanned the 360 games folder which has just like 20 it went really quickly.

Its downloading covers at the same time its counting how many there is to download. Thats why its going up and down, eventually it'll stop going up and start going down

Well it finished....and its missing....half of the covers, boot up is fast though, and I can fix each missing cover by selecting "refresh artwork"... It's gonna be a pain to refresh them all though... :unsure:

Btw, I'm trying to use my kinect and it tells me I need to update. I read on another thread that I should just put my current dashboard inside $$ystemupdate in a usb thumb drive and turn on the xbox... However I'm not getting any prompts to update.

Any ideas here? I also tried placing it in a CD and renaming to normal $systemupdate but no go -_-. It's the 16202 dash.

Are you auto booting to fsd? You need to be on stock dash to see update. Hold Rob while system is booting to load stock dash

Well it finished....and its missing....half of the covers, boot up is fast though, and I can fix each missing cover by selecting "refresh artwork"... It's gonna be a pain to refresh them all though... :unsure:

Btw, I'm trying to use my kinect and it tells me I need to update. I read on another thread that I should just put my current dashboard inside $$ystemupdate in a usb thumb drive and turn on the xbox... However I'm not getting any prompts to update.

Any ideas here? I also tried placing it in a CD and renaming to normal $systemupdate but no go -_-. It's the 16202 dash.

Yeah mate, manually refresh if you need to to finish it off. It may be a pain, just get it over with, and finish it off with an ice cold can of beer B)

For kinect, you need the official stock update, if your on 16202 or whatever, go to this site...

http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/system_updates/

Download your dashboard version, and update your console, you'll need to set noupdater to false, and take the update.

Make sure you're not connected to xbox live to ensure you don't get a newer live update.

Keep a note of the update message, if it says update required, your ok, if it says system update required, don't take it.

Damn it, I still can't update it!

I tried with the $$ystemUpdate name, I tried setting noupdater to false and using $systemupdate.... It just won't update it!

Btw, does Dashlaunch come with FSD? Cause I don't remember installing it but I'm assuming that since I've got a launch.ini I do have it.

Is there anything left to try? maybe its got something to do with 16202? grrr

Thanks for your help

No Dashlaunch is seperate.

put the folder $SystemUpdate on the root of the USB Pen

Just to be sure

have

$SystemUpdate

$$ystemUpdate

You can also just edit the launch.ini and change the noupdate to false. Make sure the pop up says "Update required" and not "System update"

Yeah I tried it both ways...not at the same time but both. I also edited the launch.ini to noupdate = false. No luck... -_-

Maybe I don't have dashlaunch and it's ignoring the .ini file?

maybe you have your launch.ini somewhere else too, /flash/ /hdd1/ /usb0/ /intmu/ etc...

Install dashlaunch and set it up through it, and save the launch.ini to flash and you should be ok, or you can just unplug the hard drive and plug in the usb to upodate :)