RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
OccultaIgnotum

[SOLVED] Aurora 0.6b is doing some weird stuff

ok, um

Running Aurora from HDD:\Aurora\

This is a JasperBB RGH on 17511 and DL 3.18.1

HDD passed SMART tests and I have reformatted using FATXplorer and copied all my content back.

Edit: I'm having two problems, Once I get to Aurora, I can't seem to launch anything else without freezing. If I try from File Manager, It freezes at 75%, creating launchable object. If I bring up the guide and try to go to retail dash, it just freezes the screen there. Also, when I add content paths, they aren't populating. This is with a fresh install of Aurora whether from the HDD or from a usb flash drive.

The main problem, Aurora's settings keep being restored somehow. I have deleted the Aurora folder, copied back a fresh install and my old settings are restored. If I run from a usb drive, I don't seem to have the same problem but it doesn't help because all my content is on the HDD. The problem I'm having is that I went to System settings and removed all content paths and when I re-add them, they don't populate. The Scan Now button doesn't appear to scan or Aurora 'remembers' that I removed the content? I'm really at a loss here...

Aurora stores its settings in a database. if you delete the data directory, then maybe you can fix the problem. It will be like a fresh install of aurora. Now to do this, you have to be running xex menu, fsd, or another version of aurora from a flashdrive, or similar, as you cant remove this data if the files are open, and aurora opens them, and doesnt close them until you launch a game.

This I have done several ways about 20 times. When I reformatted the drive with FATXplorer, I deleted the Aurora folder, copied a fresh install back to the drive, verified that settings.db and content.db were not present, Then when I inserted the drive and booted up, it still seemed to remember settings from the previous install. At that time I had messed up by turning on autoscan for Title updates. Every time I tried to boot, Aurora would freeze at the splash screen when 'Searching for new Title Updates' or something to that effect. I finally worked around this by running Aurora from a usb drive and copying the db files from the usb install to the hdd install. Now I can get to the dashboard but after I re-added content paths, they still don't populate like they did the first time.

FWIW, I add 3 content paths

• HDD:\Apps\ with scan depth of 1
  • HDD:\Games\ with scan depth of 1
  • HDD:\Content\0000000000000000 with scan depth of 2

This worked once and then I accidently removed something and couldn't figure out how to re-add it. So I removed all content paths but when I re-added them, nothing is scanned.

I verified that settings are not syncing automatically between different installs so I edited the original post with current issues.

BTW, what made me think it was restoring old settings was that every time I booted a new install, it would freeze when "Searching for new title updates"

15 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

It isnt freezing, it is searching for installed TU files, and copying them to aurora, so if the are disabled, they arent deleted.

Well I left it searching for about 45 minutes and gave up. In any case, I got past that problem but still can't seem to launch anything after Aurora is running.